Wednesday, September 5, 2018

To fill or not to fill

It was almost 8 when I got up after doing visualizations and intentions. I brushed and swished and sewed fleece strips together. I took a shower and got dressed. I turned on the router and listened to interviews while I checked e-mail and looked at my vision board. I looked up in my blog how long I have been putting onion juice on my head. I rinsed out some aluminum water bottles. I filled four of the glass ones that got washed yesterday. I put some mineral drops or salt in each one. I shaved off some of the white hairs growing at the nape of my neck. I took the dried leaves off of the moringa stems and collected them in a baggie.
When 10am came and went, I called Beverly who said she was leaving her house in 5 minutes. I put my four water bottles in a handbag and drove to the church on Jordan. She had just driven up. I parked my car and got in her car. Then we were on our way.
She drove to Brentwood the same way Chris did two months ago. In fact, I think we got off at the same exit. But it was only 12:30 and we were looking for Stitchers Garden. We drove up one street and down another. She called her husband and he had his map ready. He gave her directions, which were hard to follow in lunch-time traffic. But eventually we found it.
It was full of fabric. The density approached that of my sewing room. But the lighting was better. On the other hand, it was so closely packed that much of it was hard to see. We looked at batiks, panels, texture prints, nature prints, blenders, etc. There was quite a selection. But all of it was the same price - $12.99. Fat quarters were more numerous than the stars. But when I brought bolt of red clapboard up and asked if it came in fat quarters, she replied no because she doesn't cut fat quarters any more. So I put it back. After much browsing, I selected two panels and two prints. I took them to the front desk to be cut. The woman moved like she was in pain. When she had cut the fabric and rung it up, she asked if I needed a bag. I had heard that she doesn't like to give out bags, so I said no. Beverly had nothing to buy, so we went out to her car.
I had given Beverly the address of the dentist and she punched it into her GPS. We followed its directions to the office, which was closer than we thought. We arrived 20 minutes early. I checked in and they took my picture. She and I used the restroom, then sat down to wait. It wasn't long before the hygienist came to get me.
She took me to an exam room. We talked about the proper use of ozone cream. I told her about my itchy scalp. She recommended a different product and maybe an ozone shot. Then she went to get the dentist. We talked and he suggested a third product. He put a swab in each side of my mouth to numb the gums in the back. I had a hot flash. Then he pulled out the ozone shot. He said I would barely feel it. Ha, ha, ha. I felt it alright. He pressed the plunger slowly, but the pain increased. When he pulled the needle out, the pain kept on going. He and the nurse said no one had had this reaction before. He decided no ozone shots for my scalp. Then I asked if the broken tooth with the filling could be remineralized. He had a topical remedy to suggest. He said it needed a crown, and then he was gone. I waited for him to come back and replace the filling. I had some questions, but the hygienist said her take on the conversation was that we had decided to leave the filling alone and just use the topical remedy for now. She gave me two substances, one for my scalp and one for my tooth. She walked me to the payment desk to pay. I felt lightheaded and confused. Should I have insisted on replacing the filling?
I paid, and went out to the waiting room where Beverly was stitching binding. We went out to her car. Using the GPS, she drove us to The Quilting Squares quilt shop. Retail therapy was what I needed. I wasn't sure how to feel about what happened at the dentist's office, and my jaw ached.
We went inside and looked around. Beverly said they had a lot less this time than last time. It was very nicely arranged, but there wasn't much to choose from. I picked up some fat quarters. The owner said she was closing the shop because the landlord had doubled the rent. But she was hopeful about a buyer who would relocate the business.
After I paid, we followed the GPS to … some place out of our way. She had shut it off early because her phone was low on power and we missed a turn. But we got it finally and found our way to Joann's. It was a big Joanns. We looked at all the fabrics, more than once. I checked out a few things in other sections. Finally I made some decisions. She got some of what I got. She texted Anita for coupons. Then we went to the checkout line. The lady scanned the coupons on Beverly's phone and I got $10 off my purchase. Then we went back to her car.
Dusk was falling. I had only one water bottle left and I drank it. She finished her bottle, too. I texted Chris to find out how his interview went. Fine, he said.
We went all the way back to Huntsville without a potty break. When we got to the church, I gave her some money for gas. Then we went our separate ways.
When I got home, I rushed to the bathroom. Then I started jotting notes for my blog. Chris qued up DS9 on Netflix and we watched two episodes. Chris looked up one of the actresses. Then he took the garbage out and put the trash can in the back yard to be cleaned. I put on a sleep patch. I swished and finished my blog post. I used the ozone cream and spit it out before I went to bed. Then I retired for the night.

No comments: