Friday, September 28, 2018

The massage that almost wasn't

I stayed up late last night reading a book. I was hoping that would help me fall asleep, but I still laid awake in bed for some time. Surprisingly, I woke up at 7, before the alarm went off. I decided get up anyway. I brushed and swished and sewed a bunch of pairs of blocks together. Then I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I looked at videos and articles on regenerating teeth:
Tideglusib is an Alzheimers drug also used for regenerating tooth structure in cavities. LIPUS is the use of ultrasound. Also low-current electricity between 1 and 2 mhz has been used. Nacre from mollusk shells, and stem cells are two more ways.
I made and ate breakfast. I opened my Viome kit and read the instructions. I registered it online. I washed up and got dressed. I drove to the supplement shop where my massage lady rents a room. She wasn't there yet, but the owner was out front telling people that the shop was closed because an 18-wheeler had just ripped out the electrical connections in the street in back of the shop.
I was preparing to be disappointed, when Gabriele arrived. She asked if she could give massages anyway since she did not need electricity to do it. The police and the owner agreed. So, we went into a darkened room with a table. There was no one in the shop so we left the door ajar. I slipped under the sheets. She rubbed me good, getting into the muscles and tissues. Of course we talked the whole time. She remarked how quiet the place was with no electricity humming through it.
Afterward, I paid her and left when her next client came in. I went to the Asian shop down the street. I went inside and looked around. But all I got was two green coconuts. I asked about pickled garlic and they had some, but it contained sugar. Then I went home.
When I got there, I checked the house mail and it was empty. I checked for pickled garlic on Amazon. But it was really expensive. I found the Viome questionnaire and answered the questions as best I could. Some I just didn't know, but 'IDK' was not one of the choices.
I made a big salad and ate it with raw garlic. Kurt called to discuss an article in Consumer Reports. It talked about various alternative therapies, and treatments. I went for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. I found another bush with red berries, but they were not edible as far as I could tell. When I got home, Chris' car was in the driveway. It was after 6, so he did not have a chance to get to the post office.
I ate a bowl of onion soup and listened to an episode of the Depression and Anxiety Secrets summit. I didn't take many notes because I was also playing Solitaire. It talked about what supplements to take for each neurotransmitter deficiency.
I made a mug of hot teas for later. I ironed pieces of interfacings while waiting for Chris.
We watched two episodes of DS9. I drank my combination of teas, and then brushed and swished. I typed up my blog post for the day. Then I applied ozone cream. I stayed up to tap for a bit before going to bed.
* I haven't taken any pics recently, so here is a quilt pic that I downloaded for my inspiration file. *

No comments: