Wednesday, September 12, 2018

I didn't know they come in yellow

I got up just after 8. I brushed and swished and sewed fleece strips together. I cleaned up the sewing area a bit, putting piles of fabric back in the fabric room (though not necessarily on the appropriate shelf). Then I swished again and watched part of last night's episode on sleep and energy.

Ashwagandha taken over time will help you sleep. Take it as a tea, at any time of day. Valerian: take increasing grams a day until it knocks you out. It works for four hours. You can drink tea at night, with a touch of lavender and california poppy to stay asleep. It takes 4 T of poppy seeds. Skullcap quiets the monkey mind, as does blue vervain. One cooling herb for sleep is shankhpushpi. Nutmeg lowers blood pressure and is sedating, slightly constipating. It loses its potency in two weeks after grinding. Take four hours before bedtime. Sleep will last 8 hours. It goes with poppy seed. Rhodiola for stress.

I did my exercises and made coffee. I rubbed my gums for circulation. I meditated and tapped. I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms and swept the main areas. I pulled something in my back. I washed up and got dressed. I put on my homemade sandals. I watered the plants.
Then I went to visit the Korean clinic. They were concerned about getting the insurance money for their car, which got hit in May. I called both insurance companies, ironed out where the money went and what the next step should be. Then she had me lie on a table so she could rub my head with onion pieces. She talked to me the whole time. She said I should not eat chicken or beef heart or liver, or nuts. Instead I should eat steak, and 2 yellow kiwis a day, and a redbeet. Then she had me sit in a chair with my feet on a vibrating plate. At 4:15 I said I had to go. She gave me three onions to take home and rub on my head.
It was almost 4:30 when I got home. Chris was still gone. I parked and moved the trashcan back to its place. I checked the house mail, but it was empty. I made kava tea for later. I listened to the rest of the episode. I paused it when Chris came home from work. He was emoting about the change of venue for his interview tomorrow. And he has another interview for a job in Ohio. I finished the episode. I texted Jennifer about it. I changed my shoes and I went to choir practice.
I arrived a little early and talked to Cecelia. Then Jennifer warmed up the choir. We sang through 3 or four songs. We stood at the front to practice the piece for this Sunday. After we were dismissed, Jennifer talked to me about juniper berries and the fire cider.
I went home the long way. It takes too long to get on the parkway from Whetherly. When I got home, Chris was almost ready to watch TV. I drank some kava tea and took some magnesium. I finished my write-up for the class and e-mailed it to Ellen.
Chris cued up DS9 and we watched two episodes. I drank the rest of the tea. When I got back to my computer to write up my blog post, the laptop had rebooted. Lucky for me, and you, it saved all the notes I took. I swished while I typed. After posting, I took some hops and a drop of lavender and went to bed.

No comments: