Thursday, September 27, 2018

Just the thought of garlic...

I got up about 8. It was another gray, rainy day. I brushed and swished and sewed two 4-patches. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. Pat texted me, asking me to send pics of forms to someone named Sue. So, I took pics of the forms on the laptop screen and sent those, along with the original files in case the pics were not acceptable.
I made and ate breakfast. I watched a video on how to make a slideshow on Youtube. But when I tried it, Youtube did not give me the same options. So I looked at one on using OpenOffice. I got a spot on my chair. I scrubbed it with soap but it did not come out. I tried to get the Bissell out, but it was up too high in the garage and too heavy to move.
I saw the Netflix envelope on the coffee table. I closed it and put it in the mail. I looked for some fabric with a large print. I found a stack of panel prints, and selected one or two. I got dressed and went to quilting, taking my stack of partly trimmed blocks.
When I got to quilting, only a few ladies were there because the rest were at a quilt retreat. Pat handed me some more books that need pockets and labels. And she wants me to order another book for the library. I chatted with the others while I trimmed my blocks. But I finished early and did not feel like setting up my machine. Melissa and Pat and I put everything away, and headed out to our cars.
I went home in the spitting rain. I checked the mail, and brought in my sewing gear. I ordered books, book pockets and book cards from Amazon. I peeled a bunch of garlic. I sliced some in a bowl. I mixed it with hummus and bitter melon. I tried to eat it but got sick on it. The raw garlic was just too strong. I needed more in my stomach, so I ate some of each of the cheeses that I bought at the farmer's market, and just about anything else I could get my hands on.
Then the door bell rang. It was a maintenance man here to fix the toilet. I continued eating. When he was done, I mentioned the mildew growing on the ceiling in the bathroom. He said he would address it tomorrow.
I researched comfrey root and cayenne for healing teeth. I wondered if comfrey was growing around here. I looked at pics of it, but they weren't all the same.
Chris came home from work. After he changed clothes, I asked him to get the Bissell steam cleaner. No actual steam was involved. The spot on the chair had lightened. I put more water on it and the steamer vacuumed it out. I repeated until the soap was gone and the chair seat as dry as it was going to get. Chris ate the rest of the cut garlic for me. I ate an apple and onion soup. I listened to a podcast that was supposed to talk about getting to sleep. All I heard on that topic was to sit in a hot tub 20 minutes before going to bed. Ha.
I rinsed and swished with black walnut extract. I looked up products with Nova-Min. Most were unavailable and the ones that were, had other ingredients that I didn't want.
At 7 my tapping buddy called. I was carrying my laptop to the guest room for our chat. The cord was knocking things off the table and getting caught on doorknobs. We had a good session and she said she felt much better.
Afterward, Chris and I watched two episodes of DS9. I wore Chris out. He went to bed without making lunch. I stayed up to swish and blog and put ozone cream on my gums and in my hair.
* Here's another item from the Modern Quilt Guild. *

No comments: