Monday, October 29, 2018

Another cc bites the dust

I shut off the phone alarm and sleep app at 7:30. I stayed in bed another 20 minutes. Then I got up to start my morning routine. I sewed two four-patches. Chris left the bread machine lid up, so I assembled the ingredients for a loaf of bread. I boiled water for tea. I checked e-mail. There was one from Chris questioning a credit card charge. It was not the online card, but I checked my online record anyway. Then I looked up the name of the merchant and knew I had not gone there. So I e-mailed Chris. Then he called, saying he disputed the charge but there was another one that the credit card company did not flag, for $650 to some Delaware HVAC company. I said no. So he disputed that one and now we are getting a new card. Having my credit card number stolen is more the rule than the exception these days.
I made and ate breakfast, adding a few drops of my fire cider, then got dressed. I looked for projects to take to quilting. It took longer than I thought to prepare.
So I did not arrive until almost 12:30. Most ladies were finished with lunch. Roberta was there so I caught up with her. Rebecca gave me a package of organic seaweed crisps that she found – I don't remember where. They were good.
I set up my machine. I ironed pillowcases and some fabric. I made some nine-patches for tomorrow. As the space cleared out, I unrolled the communion banner. I pinned and sewed the brown strip on. I thought everyone was packing up to go, so I did, too. But then Lauri was laying a quilt top out to spray baste.
I got home mere seconds before Chris. He lifted my sewing cart from my trunk. I brought in the mail. He changed his clothes. I put a rubbermaid tub in my trunk and got a shovel. I drove us to the pile of wood chips at the back of the neighborhood. Chris filled the tub with wood chips. I rescued the geranium that someone threw out. There were two smaller plants under it. We also found a big fern. Of course we took it home.
Chris lifted the tub out of the trunk and set it by the flower bed. I shoveled the wood chips onto the bare spots. I potted the rescued plants. Then I put a bowl of beef heart soup in the toaster oven.
I listened to an audio on herbs for sore throat: astringent herbs (sage tea, wild rose petals and leaves, rosemary tea). Herbs for the pain: echinacea, spilanthes, ginger. Anti-inflammatory herb: cloves. Demulcent herbs(soothing): marshmallow root, linden, licorice, plantain tea,. Antimicrobial: honey, propolis syrup, thyme for congestion, ginger, sage.
Lymphatic herbs: echinacea, mullien, violet leaves steeped in warm water, calendula.
Dry cough: demulcent herbs to moisten tissues (marshmallow leaves roots and flowers, linden, licorice, plantain, honey). Antispasmodic herbs: valerian (sedative), california poppy (relaxing), cramp bark, lobelia, kava (restless leg, sedative).

I listened to half of a podcast on brain science while stitching the bottom on a teacup. I stopped a few minutes before 8 to heat water for tea and to brush and swish. While watching the first episode of DS9, I drank the tea and took melatonin. Then I rubbed my scalp with a piece of onion. After the second episode, I sat down to write my blog and take the evening supplements. I was very sleepy, which was a good sign.
* Fire cider *

No comments: