Thursday, October 11, 2018

The darn barn

I got up at 7:40. I brushed and swished and sewed two sets of patches. I got dressed and sat outside shucking berries in what was supposed to be the morning sun. Like yesterday, there was no sun, only gray skies. But after half an hour there was some suggestion of sunlight. I came inside. I turned off the AC and opened the doors for a breeze. I spread out the shower curtain on the back porch again, although it was pretty dry. I shook the walnut hull ferment, and the fire cider.
I played the Truth About Cancer second episode: All essential oils have some effect on cancer, particularly frankincense and Myrrh. Make your own personal care products with essential oils to avoid the commercial stuff. Lemons are very plentiful in India so they use it for everything. In Australia they use what grows there. Mammograms potentially spread breast cancer and most people die of metastasis rather than the original tumor. Eggplant extract BEC-5 ruptures cancer cells, leaves the other cells alone. In a cream, it is good for skin cancer. Conventional treatment is still one size fits all. Lots of other modalities could be used.
While it played, I printed out labels for the book pockets and cards. Then I listened to a podcast on magnesium:
Use magnesium malate for relaxation and anxiety. Mag taurate is able to penetrate cell membrane – change gene expression, helps with meditation. A few drops of mugwort oil before bed induces amazing dreams. Excess calcium in the body reduces magnesium in the bones.
While I listened, I made a new green powder mix. Then I made and ate breakfast. Pat called to say she needed a label for a memorial book. So I printed it out. Then I looked for a project to take to quilting. The only thing I could find was the barn block and I wasn't sure I had everything I needed. But I took it.
When I got to quilting, there were only three people there. Apparently it was a slow day. I cut out a barn and a silo. I cut strips for the barn door. While chatting with the ladies, I stitched down the barn door with white thread. The strips refused to stay straight. I guess I should have fused them, but did not have stuff with me. I didn't have red or brown thread, so I left the rest pinned but unsewn. Then we packed up.
By 3, I was on my way to Whole Foods. I looked for mimosa pudica, but they did not have it. Then I checked for unsweetened coconut flakes and they had three kinds. I also picked up bone broth and coconut milk. As I checked out, the lady told me I would have gotten a 10% discount if I were an Amazon Prime member.
I went home. I checked the mail. I put the food away. I printed invoices for the books, pockets and cards. I cut blocks for my next project to be ready ahead of time. I read e-mail, and listened to a podcast. I ate dates and nuts and coconut flakes and onion soup.
William called to tell me his tooth got pulled. Then Chris came home from work. He told me his interview was ok, but not great. I went for a walk. It was so cold, I turned right around and put on pants and a windbreaker. It was still cold, but I went anyway. By the time I got back, I wasn't cold anymore. In fact, it seemed hot in the house.
I read e-mail until 7. Then my tapping buddy called on Skype. We tapped for sleep issues. When we were done, Chris was ready to watch TV. We watched two episodes of DS9. I rubbed some onion on my scalp. I went to bed with Chris, but didn't stay. I got up to brush, swish and blog.

No comments: