Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Shopping with Dr. Grace

I got up at 7:41. I brushed and swished. I sewed two patches together. I sat on the front porch and removed sumac berries from their stems. There was no sun, only gray skies.
When I was finished, I put on meditative music, and made coffee. I changed the shower curtain liners, putting a clean one in the master bath and the slimy one outside. I trimmed petunias, mint and basil. My neighbor stopped to talk. She invited me to come over sometime. I finished the petunias and went in. Ron called, looking for some numbers that the treasurer sent me, but I didn't have the router on to check them.
I exercised, meditated and tapped. I forgot to take my niacin. Myra texted me and we went back and forth. I cleaned the kitchen, washed dishes, and cleaned the bathrooms. I also cleaned the coffee table, which had crumbs and dust. Then I put on real clothes, and watered the plants. I put some berries in a bag to take to the clinic.
I got there at 2. I gave the berries to Dr. Grace. She looked them up to see what they were good for. Dr. Grace wanted me to help her sign up for Obamacare, but the letter she presented me said the enrollment period had ended.
Then she looked for antiques on Craig's List. But the things she saw were far away. So I took her to a place off of University that had many rooms and was full of things old and new. She commented often that things were too expensive. It took awhile, but finally she got the message that she could make an offer. So she did, and he accepted both of her offers, low as they were. She was very happy.
When we got back to the clinic, she did not bring her purchases in. But she told Dr. Lee all about it in Korean. At least that is what it sounded like. They offered me juice packets but I said I still had enough. Dr. Grace did not understand how I could fast and not be hungry. She gave me a banana and a large peach to take home.
When I got home, I mowed the lawn. There were a few raindrops but not enough to bother me. I took a shower and got dressed. Chris came home while I was jotting notes for my blog. He showed me where a clasp came off of his pants. It was not something I thought I could fix.
I caught up on e-mail. I tried to boot up my tablet for choir practice. But it would not wake up. I plugged it into my laptop and some message flashed on the screen over and over, but too quick for me to read. Chris plugged it into the wall. It seemed to be charging, but there was no way it was going to be ready in time for choir.
I drove to choir practice. I had my book of sonatas in the car. I was a bit early so I took it in with me and played a part of one on the piano. Only the choir director and organist were there and neither one said a word. I took my seat.
Other people arrived. Jennifer told them about her Canadian Thanksgiving. And we got started late. We went through all the songs, then ended practice by singing Sunday's song up at the front.
On my way home, I thought about stopping at Publix to get unsweetened coconut flakes. But I was too tired and just went home. Chris was waiting for me. He had Netflix ready by the time I cut a piece of onion to rub on my scalp. We watched two episodes of DS9. Then Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to swish and blog.
* This is a block Jane made. *

No comments: