Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Nine-patch mystery

I got up before 8. I brushed and swished and made a square in a square block. I turned on the router and boiled water for soaking nuts and tea bags. Then I turned on my laptop, but it could not find the wifi signal. I had to turn both the laptop and the router off and on several times. I sure would like to know what causes that.
I read a little e-mail then got dressed and went to quilting. I took a project, but never got around to it. I brought in the nine-patch blocks that I made, but there was no pile to add them to. Beverly helped me search, but we couldn't find them. Jeanette brought more fabric to give away. I found more fabric pieces that will go with the blocks I made. Then I helped Beverly sew strips on her bag handles. We did that until noon, and then we spraybasted a quilt top that the other Beverly made from nine-patch blocks she found. It was obvious that she hadn't trimmed them up before she sashed and sewed them together.
Afterward, there wasn't time to walk, so we went to the Asian store for kimbap. We got a few other things too and shared a package of ginger root. She gave me some apples from Scott's Orchard. When I got home, I ate the kimbap with kimchi that I already had. I read e-mail while I ate. As soon as I was done, I had to rush off to church.
I got there at 2. I had everything I needed, so I dug right in: putting the envelops in order, recording the amounts on paper, preparing the deposits, then recording it on the computer and printing the reports. While I was on the computer, a supply pastor came in to talk about what he should do on Sunday. He did not ask about the wi-fi smock I was wearing.
By 3:30 I was on my way to the bank. One of the tellers kidded around with me and another man. She said she had a sewing machine but never made a quilt. The man said his wife would like to learn, so he gave me his card so I could tell him about the groups she could join.
I submitted the deposits and picked up more deposit forms. Then I went home.
Chris was already there. I brought in the house mail which included a box for Chris. We chatted for a few minutes before engaging with our laptops. I took a walk.
I listened to an interview on EMFs:
Cell phone towers are low on the list unless you are next door to one. Higher on the list are cell phones, wi-fi routers, bluetooth, internet of things, smart thermostats, baby monitors, smart meters, and a microwave oven itself. It might help to take 2 grams of elemental magnesium to block the effect of EMF on calcium channels. Raise NRF2 with sulforaphane, among other things. Dr. Pall authored a paper on PubMed about raising NRF2. I have to admit that I did not understand all the talk about calcium channels and how they are affected by the radiation. But it was clear that it can cause problems with the heart.
Chris called Michele and I took off my headphones so I could participate. She is doing well at work and her boss wants to promote her.
Then I read articles on the safety/danger of living near a cell tower since our church is going to vote on accepting one on the property. Chris ran the dishwasher.
We watched two episodes of DS9. I swished and then drank my kava tea and took melatonin during the first episode. After the second one, Chris made his sandwich and went to bed, although it wasn't even 10 yet. I stayed up to blog and see what's on my evening list that I haven't done yet.
* This is the quilt top that we basted as best we could. *

No comments: