Monday, October 1, 2018

Today was not so hot

It was almost 8:30 when I got up. I brushed and swished. I sewed some pairs of blocks. I turned on the router. I threw some fabric, a rug and a blackout curtain in the wash. I checked the washer with my EMF meter and found a field that extended at least a foot beyond the machine. I threw the piece of fabric that has been exposed to turmeric, black walnut juice and poke berries, into the pot of red beet juice. I packaged a sample for shipping to Viome. I got a check ready to mail. I was going to rinse out a certain scarf that I thought was soaking in the utility room, but I couldn't find it. I cut off a piece of white fabric for the barn block. But since it hadn't been washed, I soaked it in hot water in the sink.
I made and ate breakfast. I listened to a podcast on hormonal balance and took notes:
Mix peppermint, ginger, fennel, caraway, clove and tarragon oils for stress relief and migraines. Mix 12 drops clary sage, 10 lavender, 5 cedarwood, 5 geranium, 4 ylang ylang with carrier oil in a roller bottle and rub over the ovaries. Also for stress: ashwagandha and rhodiola 500mg each.
I checked the field on the dryer. It was more like three feet from the machine. I took the rug out and ironed the remaining fabric. I got dressed. I packed three or four projects for sewing (which turned out to be unnecessary). On my way to quilting, I drove to the post office to drop off the package and check. I checked our box and found a yellow slip. I turned it in at the desk and the clerk gave me a package. It was fermented cod liver oil. Since it shouldn't be left in a hot car, I took it home and then went to quilting.
Not many ladies were there, and more left. I showed Bertha my banner block and asked her to turn it in for me on Saturday (since she lives near that library). She was kind enough to say yes. I took a pic of her quilt and one Lauri had. Bertha asked me to post it on the group Facebook page and I made a mental note to do it when I got home. Then I worked on the charity blocks from Renegades. Soon only Lauri was left. I finished the blocks as much as I could, leaving some in rows of three for a demonstration tomorrow.
Then I folded some fabric to cut for a lining demonstration. But there was something wrong with the ruler. As I sliced confidently beside the ruler and through the fabric, the rotary cutter was stopped in its tracks but my hand kept going. All of a sudden, my finger was sliced and I watched it slowly begin to bleed. I licked the blood away so it wouldn't get on the fabric. But the blood kept on coming. Lauri brought me a napkin, sterile wipe and a bandaid. I held the finger above my head, but the blood would not stop. So finally I wrapped it tightly with the bandaid and it did not leak.
But with that event, my sewing day was over. I talked to Lauri as she worked, waiting for my finger to begin healing. I told her I had heard of a lady who cut her finger with a rotary cutter. The lady got blood poisoning and died. Lauri did not think I had anything to worry about. Later, I packed up all my projects and rolled them out to the car, and went home. I drove with my finger up the whole way. When I got home, I left my sewing gear in the trunk, but pulled out the projects that didn't need to be there. I read e-mail for awhile and listened to another podcast.
Chris came home around 6. I went for a walk, looking for sumac. I saw some, but they were pretty high. When I got back, Chris was eating supper. I made a big salad, incorporating beet leaves and raw garlic. Then I ate some of the pork from last night.
I played Solitaire while listening to a podcast on finding gratitude in captivity. I paused it when I heard Chris turn on the TV. We watched two episodes of DS9. I swished with black walnut hull tincture. Then I swished with tooth powder. Then it was time for ozone cream. After posting to my blog, I am going collate recyclables and then remove the bandaid and use the cream on the cut. It worked so well on a previous injury.
* This is Bertha's quilt. *

No comments: