Saturday, October 20, 2018

Catching up on summits

My app went off at 7. I was already awake. I put the phone on mute and tried to go back to sleep. Then the phone alarm rang at 7:30. I turned it off and wished I could keep the sleep app running in case I fell asleep again. I did fall asleep. When I got up, I was dismayed to see it was 9am.
I had my morning routine. For sewing, I put some stitches in the binding. Then I got inspired to quilt in the ditch all around the panel. I started the other side of the inner border but left some unfinished for tomorrow.
Then I started dealing with e-mail. A lot came in and there were plenty of summits to listen to.

Use sage for a sore throat. Alternating hot and cold wraps on the neck will help as will gargling with salt water. For sinus congestion- drinking tea of elder flower, or eyebright. Inhale steam of hypertonic salt water. Something about goldenrod.
For the nervous system (feeling blah): use lemon balm, or catnip. Resting is critical. Fever on day 3 indicates the flu. Heat up the body to kill virus. After flu, detox with clover, burdock, calendula. Try some deep breathing.
#1 herb to support the immune system is astragulus root. Medicinal mushrooms are also good, as are garlic and onions. Cold buster: chop a few garlic cloves, lemon with peel, and ginger root. Cover with honey. Stir well and let stand over night. Mix well the next morning and take a spoonful. Add cayenne if tolerated.
The five flavor garden: Chard, kale, spinach, celery, and sorrel. They are easy to grow and tasted good together.

I was talking to Chris and he took issue with something I said. It sparked a two-hour conversation. Because of that, I made and ate breakfast around 2. Later he gave me a massage and then we took a nap. When we got up, he put the sheets in the wash.
I went back to e-mail for a bit, but the sun was soon going down. I paused the interview, and went for a walk. I had to wear a jacket because it was so cool. I miss summer. When I got back, I made salad for supper. I finished the interview and started another one. I listened while I made seed crackers. I plugged the phone and mp3 headphones into the laptop to recharge. Then we watched two episodes of DS9. Chris pulled the clean sheets from the dryer and we made the bed. I checked e-mail again, then wrote up my blog entry. I swished with green walnut hull tincture. (She told me not to take supplements for a week, but she never mentioned swishing.) Then it was time to use the ozone cream and log another night of sleep waves.
* This is a block I sewed this week. *

No comments: