Monday, October 22, 2018

Posting pics as promised

The sleep app woke me at 7:27. I turned over but then the phone alarm rang. It was so cold outside the covers that I didn't want to cast them aside. But at some point, I just got up, no will power involved. The house temp was 66. I turned the heat on. I brushed and swished and quilted a corner of the panel project. I also took out part of a line of stitching where a tuck had grown. Then I turned on the router and laptop. I boiled water to soak nuts and make tea.
I cleared e-mail and listened to audios. I could see frost on the ground, so I looked online for low temp of last night. It is much harder to find what the temp actually WAS than to find guesses for what it WILL BE.
There was the sound of banging out back. I could see the roof of a truck behind my fence, but I could not tell what they were doing. I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed. I noticed the temp had risen to 76 – what we set the AC at. I lowered it to 70. I put projects in my sewing cart and headed out to the car. I took a moment to water the plants.
I got in the car and drove away, but then remembered that I had forgotten to take magnesium and bring a drink. So I went around the circle to get back to the house. I drove up a side street to see behind my house. A man was working on the fence. I pulled up to the curb and got out. He drove through the yard and stopped to talk to me. He mentioned seeing a big wasp nest and said he would come back to spray it. I told he we had lots of nests.
I swallowed a tablet of magnesium and grabbed a can of coconut water. Then I drove to quilting. There were so many ladies there that there was no place for me. But I stood and chatted with the ladies, knowing someone would leave right after lunch. I got a seat next to Leona. I showed the disappearing nine-patch top to Bertha. Dinah was ready to claim it but I said it needed borders. So I spent an hour or so putting borders on it. Then she took it to buy a backing for it.
I gave the leftovers of border fabric to Bertha since she had given it to me. Then I pulled out the pillowcases. I worked on them until the only thing left to do involved a serger. By then, almost everyone was gone. Poor Lauri was going to be on her own again.
When I got home, I brought in the mail. One piece was for a former resident so I wrote 'not at this address' and put it back in the mail. Chris came home as I was walking back from the mailbox. I showed him the wasp nests. All of them looked deserted except for one, which seemed very active. I also saw new boards in the fence.
While Chris changed his clothes, he told me about two interviews he will have this week that are repeats, meaning they are so interested that they want to interview him again. Then I made lots of salad and ate it while checking e-mail and listening to podcasts. I also had some ham. Then I posted pics of member's quilts on our group page. I had promised Bertha weeks ago that I would do it and I just kept forgetting. I went back to the beginning of the year in looking for pics to post.
While I was doing that, Chris cued up DS9 on the TV and I quickly brushed my teeth so I could sit and join him. Because it was chilly, we snuggled under a quilt while we watched two episodes. It was nice, and then the hot flashes hit. Then he made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog and handle the recyclables.
* This is the top I made, with borders. The thin black border doesn't even show up again the dark grey one. *

No comments: