Friday, October 26, 2018

The reason for my needle phobia

The app rang at 7:05. The alarm rang at 7:30 and I got up about 8. I brushed and swished and sewed some 4-patches into 16-patches. I turned on the router. I boiled water for tea later and to soak nuts.
I went through my e-mail. Then I got dressed, and hit the road. I stopped for gas. I arrived there early so I could take a moment to meditate and calm myself so my cortisol would not be high. But after doing the paperwork, and going to the bathroom, the tech called me back. So no time for relaxing. She stuck my right arm, but the vein kept rolling away. So she stuck my left arm and the same thing happened. And it hurt. Then my dad called. So as I was talking to him, she stuck my left arm again and this time got a vein and 6 vials of blood. I tried to talk Dad into going to his GP to get his meds checked and see if he was having a reaction to the primidone. But he was not receptive to the idea. I ate seed crackers while we talked. After the call, I checked out at the front desk. It cost me $100 for the blood letting. The lab might charge me, too, they said. They set an appointment for speaking to the doctor after the results come in. He'll probably tell me my cortisol is high. Ha.
So the visit that was supposed to take 15 minutes took 45. And it was about noon when I got home. My neighbor was home, so I took her a bottle of the sumac tea and some berries. She explained that she had canceled an obligation to be home for the maintenance men, but they never came. We talked for awhile, and I explained how to make tea from the berries. When her husband came home, I returned to my place.
I made and ate breakfast, throwing in all the supplements I had been excluding all week. I read e-mail and listened to audios and meditations. I checked the mail and found a DVD from Netflix. Chris came home early. I asked him to get my serger down from its perch. I put on an interview and listened while I ironed fabric pieces and serged three pillowcases. Beverly called while I was getting the serger set up. We talked about going to the apple orchard tomorrow. (I hope the weather clears up).
I also cut some heavier fabric for a dog bed so I could fill it with scraps of cloth and batting.
I made a salad and listened to a podcast that recommended alternating heat and cold for health, longevity and weight loss. The guy filled a 19.5 cubic foot freezer with water and spent time in it every day. That does not sound like a Fern thing to do.
I made hot ginger/turmeric tea and held the mug against my face. I listened to some meditation music by headphones while playing Solitaire. At 8 Chris put the Netflix DVD in the player. We watched several episodes of ChiPs. (For some reason OpenOffice will not allow a capital h in ChiPs.) Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog, and do the evening stuff and turn on the sleep app.
* Lab tests mean more numbers for me. I just love numbers. *

No comments: