Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I gotta remember not to forget

Last night I collated the recyclables and left them by the front door. Then I stayed up, waiting for my phone to charge. I found some red checked fabric for my barn block and cut strips for it. Finally the phone had enough charge for the night. I set the sleep app and went to bed.
I awoke in the night to use the bathroom and Chris got up, too. I don't think I went back to sleep before his alarm went off. My app went off at 7:25. But I stayed in bed, probably till after 8. Then I brushed and swished and sewed the strips of red checked fabric onto my barn block. I drank water and turned on the router. I checked e-mail, but there wasn't time to deal with most of it.
I got dressed and went to quilting. I brought a project but got no sewing done. I had forgotten my phone, so Beverly took a pic of my block for me. Then I turned it in. Someone had left piles of fabric scraps and orphan blocks and such on a table. We picked through the piles to see what we wanted. We found stuff that suggested a project and I ended up with two such project possibilities. After others had left, we stayed to help spraybaste a quilt for the other Beverly. We thought it was going to be fast, but we had to correct some things first and make the backing. By then it was after noon. Beverly and I went for a walk and went over a mile in the neighborhood behind the church.
Afterward, I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I asked about pickled garlic, but they hadn't gotten it in yet. I went home. I ate the kimbap with kimchi while reading e-mail. Then I quickly sewed up the dinosaur, and went to church.
I forgot all my financial stuff, but at least I had my phone. I dropped off cans of green beans and fried onion toppings in the box set up for that. I recorded the offering on a blank sheet of paper. When it was recorded and ready for deposit, I put it in my trunk. I looked for wild herbs on the church property but did not find any. Then I went to the bank to make the deposits.
Afterward, I went straight home. I asked Chris about his interview today and he said it was just ok. I made and ate breakfast and read e-mail. Then I went for a walk to pick dandelion but the yard guys had mowed it down. So I went home and made a salad with the greens from the fridge.
I brushed and swished while working on a tea cup. I held it under the lighted magnifier to be able to get the details right. The magnifier showed me a dark spot under the skin of my finger. I poked it to make a hole and tried to sweep the speck out, but what came out was a darkish fluid. Uggh.
We watched two episode of DS9. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I wrote my blog entry and then forgot to post it. I did some stretches and listened to some ASMR. Then I applied ozone cream and went to bed with my sleep app.

No comments: