Friday, November 30, 2018

All bound up

I did not set my sleep app last night. The downside was that my phone was out in the diningroom and I never heard the alarm ring, so I got up an hour late. Then I followed the usual morning routine: scrape, drink, brush, swish, sew, drink, e-mail. I also put labels in books for the guild library. Beverly called. She said I should sew something for myself on my birthday. It sounded like a good idea, but I didn't know if I was up to starting a new project.
About 10, I ate a fat bomb and a piece of steak. While listening to an interview, I made breakfast. I ate, and then spent some time digitizing phrases for the Korean blankets. I tried sewing a straight line on one blanket and most of the stitches were skipped.
Then I paused the interview so I could get dressed. I looked for projects to bring to quilting. I found 4 that needed binding or spot repair. So I put those in bags and went to quilting, leaving my machine at home.
There were a lot of cars when I got there, but not so many ladies inside. And many left after lunch. I got to talk to a few people just before they left. I gave Pat the library books. Then Leanne arrived. We talked about ways to embroider names on difficult fabrics. I got all the spot binding repairs done, and did a few sides of the yellow quilt. Christy packed up and left, so we all did.
When I got home, I was surprised to see Chris. He said he hadn't felt well at work so he came home early, but now he was feeling fine. (It must be because I came home:) I brought in the house mail. There were two packages for me, but I didn't open them. I resumed the interview, and got a pomegranate to peel. I gave some to Chris. After eating it, I had to examine the floor for escaped arils so I wouldn't step on them and create a mess.
When the interview was over, I watched a presentation on horsetail for dental health. I also watched episodes of summits on autoimmunity and gut health.
All the grass was dead from freezing nights, but the dandelion was still alive. I picked some and washed it for supper. Chris chopped up cilantro for his supper and gave me some. I added some sauerkraut and kimchi to that and the dandelion and treated it like a salad. I peeled and chopped turmeric root and ginger root to make tea. I finished the binding on the yellow quilt.
At 6:55 I moved my laptop to the guest room. I brought up Skype and my tapping buddy called me. We tapped on overwhelm and frustration with a certain project that got dumped on me. Plus anger at myself for getting myself into this situation.
When our call was over, I took my laptop back to the dining room. I brushed and swished. Chris called up DS9 and we watched two episodes. The house got cold because we had turned the heat off so we could hear the TV. Then Chris got ideas, so we went to bed and I didn't post to my blog until the next morning.
* This is from the modern quilt guild. I finished the binding today. *

No comments: