Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Long and busy day

I woke up before 7:30 and got up soon after. I brushed and swished and sewed a 16-patch block. I turned on the router and assembled the ingredients for bread in the bread machine. I boiled water to soak nuts and made tea. I checked e-mail and then got dressed.
I went to quilting. Beverly and Anita were spraybasting a quilt. There was free fabric on the table. I chose a piece with numbers on it, but it turned out not to be quilting fabric. I made a pink backing for the other Beverly's quilt. I showed the first Beverly some of the projects I had brought home from Blanket Daze. She took two of them. I told Robin about the church that needed quilts for a Christmas party for abused kids and she gave me 7 from the storage room.
We were going to walk, but it was bitterly cold. So I just went home. I did not pass GO, collect $200, or pick up kimchi. I made breakfast and listened to an interview. When I had one bite left, I got a text from my neighbor. She asked if I could come over and take pictures of them and their dogs, since one has cancer and won't be around much longer. So I went over there and we talked. I took the pics in the back yard. We talked some more. I felt very badly for them and prayed for their dog.
When I got back home, I finished breakfast and the video. But then I had to jump in the car and head to church to count money. In doing so, I forgot everything I was supposed to bring. So I had to write down the donations on a blank piece of paper. Thankfully I had my phone to do the calculations. I did not have the sheet that tells me what all I need to do. But I think I remembered it all. There was a medical group doing some sort of screenings. It was a little distracting.
When the deposits were prepared, I turned on the computer and entered the data. It all added up. Then the church secretary came in and talked to me. We had a nice chat, but finally I had to tell her that the bank closed at 5. She left to oversee the medical group packing up. I printed out the reports and put everything away. Then I went to the bank.
I did make it before 5. But I had to wait in line and then the clerk was talkative. So it was after 5 when I got home. I made a salad and ate about half. Then I had to jump back in the car, this time taking everything I forgot the first time.
I went to the meeting of the modern quilt guild. On the way my masseuse called. She wanted to know if I would like to go to a Beach Boys concert. It sounded interesting but she meant tonight. So no.
I picked up a quilt that needed binding before the meeting started. Then I sat through the first 45 minutes of the meeting. I got to see all of show-n-tell so that was good. I snuck out during the budget discussion to go to my church for the stewardship meeting.
It was a good thing I went. Only the head of stewardship showed up. I was a few minutes early so I dropped off music for Jennifer and picked up the Tri-Ease. Then I put the bank bag back in the safe. Then the two of us discussed numbers and he told stories he thought were relevant. It was a little after 8 when I left.
I got home about 8:30. William had called so I called him back. He had not bought the sewing machine he told me about. He wanted my birthday list so I read him several items from it. Then Chris and I watched several episodes of DS9 from season 5.
I nearly fell asleep in bed with Chris, then got up to write my blog and do all the pre-bed routines.
* I like how she put a traditional block in a non-traditional setting. *

No comments: