Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday exists after all

I reset the sleep app to go off at 7:30. It rang just after 7. We stayed in bed until almost 9. I turned on the router as Chris packed up the bed. I heard Dad moving around in the kitchen and muttering to himself. I was a little surprised to see him since he claimed that Tuesdays don't exist and he skips to Wednesday. He was talking to himself over his supplements when I came in the kitchen. He explained that the math doesn't work for Tuesdays because one pill is two days on and one day off. So now he puts out his pills every three days, leaving the Tuesday slot blank.
He made himself breakfast while I melted coconut oil. I put some in his cereal. It took awhile to melt. I ground up cacao nibs and flax and chia seeds. I took our remaining three eggs out of our egg carton so I could use it as a mold. I lined it with minimuffin paper cups. When the oil was liquid, I mixed it all and poured 24 little cups and slid a cookie sheet under them. I put them in the freezer to harden. I kept the coconut oil in warm water so it would not solidify. I made another mixture in the measuring cup. Then I made and ate breakfast.
Dad was looking for his grocery list so I helped him find it. Chris tried to get the printer to talk to the old computer, but had to stop at 11 to join a conference call. Dad put his shoes on to go to the grocery store. I moved my breakfast stuff out of the kitchen because I did not know how long we would be gone. Then I walked out the front door. I watched as Dad drove away. I wondered if he forgot me. I did some cleaning in the kitchen while he was gone.
I sat at my laptop and wrote notes for my blog. I read e-mail. I started a meditation with Deepak. I realized I had forgotten to sew. I did some binding yesterday. Today I sewed a new piece of towel to the crocheted hanger. I zigzagged over another hanging towel that was getting loose at the top. I put both in the bag with the other hanging towels.
Faye called. Or did I call her? Anyway, she told me to take some genealogy sheets from a paper tube. It was easier said than done, but I took two: one for me and one for Yvonne.
Kevin came over. He made an Italian vegetable casserole. Chris went to the store for stuff to make chicken curry soup. I helped Dad go through papers on the diningroom table and recycle most of them. Faye and Kevin shared the cleaning. Kevin went to the Moose lodge to make reservations for Thanksgiving. Faye stayed here for a while, but then joined him for Cheeseburger Night.
I guided Dad to his chair at the table. Chris had a bowl of soup waiting for him. Chris ate soup too. I finished the last of the chuck, and then ate a bowl of soup. Michele called and invited Kurt to the Damour Thanksgiving. But I told her it was too late, that Kevin had already made reservations at the Moose lodge for 5.
When Dad was done eating, we put on our coats and picked up his choir stuff. He and I walked up and down the street until Gabriella arrived to take him to choir. I thanked her for taking him.
We put supper away. Chris and I watched three episodes of DS9. Then he watered the houseplants and I brushed and swished. I heard the back door open. Bobby was bringing Dad home. I spoke to him, then guided my Dad in. Dad was hungry so I got him some casserole and jujube juice. He also took his pills. I found another gift card in an envelop on the table and had him stick it in his wallet. Then I sat down to check e-mail and write my blog post for the day, if I can remember all of it.
* I'm running out of pics. My mole scab fell off on Saturday and here is the result. I guess the doctor didn't get it all. *

No comments: