Saturday, November 10, 2018

Lobsterfest

About 5 I got up to turn off the computer , the router and the lights. At 7:30 I heard my phone alarm ring. Chris got ideas. He gave me a massage with coconut oil. Later, I got up to brush, swish and sew a few seams. I pinned the next seam for tomorrow morning.
I read e-mail, and watched a few videos. I saw part of the last episode of Transcendence. By then I was finished eating breakfast. I got dressed and headed to quilting.
Going through town, I counted how long I had to wait at each traffic light. It was only 20 seconds. When I got to Blanket Daze, they were sewing. I left some seed crackers on the lunch buffet and took my seat. I started working on 5 red and green orphan blocks. I 'shopped' for coordinating fabric. I cut 4 blocks and sewed them together like a nine-patch. Then I hunted for a green to make corners. I found a good piece, but it wasn't quite the right size. We stopped for lunch. Later I was able to get three good triangles out of it, but the fourth will have to be pieced.
Due to an unexpected death in the church, we had to pack up early. I looked for fabrics to go with all the projects I had picked out. Then I packed up my stuff. I helped Lynette pack up and then put lids on bins so Laura could cart them out. When it looked as though there was little else to do, I went home.
Chris was waiting for the laundry to finish. Then we went to Lobsterfest at the church next door to our church. We thought we'd park at our church and walk over there. But we were not the first to think that. Our parking lot was slap full and some parked on the grass. Ok, there was one spot by the back door. Chris parked there. I went into the church office to get some papers. Then we locked up and walked across the greenway to St. Thomas Episcopal Church. They were having Lobsterfest: food, large blow-up houses for the kids, live music and a silent auction. We went inside where the food was. Someone gave us a menu. I picked the lobster by itself, and Chris got the BBQ dinner. I walked to a lady by a computer and submitted the order. Chris paid with his credit card. Then we sat at a table covered with newspaper. When my name was called, I went to get the bag. My lobster was wrapped in packing paper and Chris' dinner was in plastic containers in a bag. He ate his dinner, saving the BBQ for last. There were sets of instructions posted on the tables showing how to open a lobster and get all the consumables out. I followed the instructions. It took me a lot longer to finish my meal than his. Afterward, we walked back to our church for his car, and went home.
Using the papers I picked up at the church, I found the error and sent an e-mail to the treasurer. Then I picked dandelion and made a salad with what fixings were left from the week. I also watered all the plants that are now nestled up against the house by the front door.
I meditated, then watched an episode of TQS. I played several games of Solitaire, trying to reach the next level. Then we watched three episodes of DS9, because the second one was a 'to-be-continued'. We dressed the bed with clean sheets, except that the coconut oil did not wash out completely. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and set my sleep app.
* I meant to take pics of the guy in a lobster suit, and the instructions on the table, but it was not to be. *

No comments: