Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Good news and bad news

I woke up before the sleep app went off. I wondered if it could sense my heartbeat if I put my finger on the touch screen. So I ended the current sleep record and started a new one. I held my finger there for several minutes. But when I went back to look at the recording, it hadn't made one.
I brushed and swished. I sewed the ends of binding together and started the backside. I read e-mail for a while. I ate a fat bomb, and listened to part of an episode of an autoimmune series. Then I paused it to get ready for my dental appointment.
I took the small quilt to the dentist' office. I worked on the binding until the hygienist came to call me. She settled me in the chair with a neck pillow, knee pillow and blanket. She took bite-wing x-rays. Then she cleaned my teeth. The dentist came in to check. She said I had great bone around my teeth, but that last molar had deteriorated visibly since my last checkup. She said there was no point in replacing the filling without putting a crown on. The glue would not hold without enamel and the tooth had no enamel on it. The hygienist took intraoral pics. When the cleaning was totally finished, she asked for my credit card so she could check me out there in the little room. But I asked about their in-house insurance. So she took me out front and another lady explained the program. Instead of paying $227, I paid a $99 one-time fee and $28 per month. At that rate, my subsequent visits are free, including regular x-rays and cleanings, and 15% off of crowns and such. I signed up for the insurance program.
Then I drove to the Chevy dealership. I dropped off my car to get looked at and they gave me a black 2018 Malibu as a loaner. Such a sexy car. It is bigger than mine so does not fit me as well. I drove it home using Gate 9.
I made and ate breakfast listening to more of the episode. Then I had to run to church. I had hoped to go early to count the two weeks worth, but everything else took too long.
Pastor was there. He invited me to a small gathering of staff at his house. I spoke to him briefly, then pulled all the envelops out of the safe. I sorted them by date so I could keep the Sundays separate. I processed the first pile, which was small. I told myself it was going to be fairly quick after all. But I had missed a bunch so the second pile was huge. In fact, there wasn't room for all of it on one sheet. Other people stopped by the office and talked to me. One lady needed help finding the frozen meals to deliver. Since she was over 90, I got up and got them for her. But all this delayed the processing of the checks and cash. By the time I had the deposits ready, it was after 4:30. There was no time to enter the data into the computer or print out reports. I picked up a poinsettia that Jennifer had left for me, and went to the bank before it closed.
I was hoping to get home before dark. I almost didn't, what with waiting in line, and chatting with the clerks while they processed the four deposits. As I drove home, I had to fish for my ID to get on post. I found it by the time I needed it. Then I went home and parked. My wheels ended up in the grass because the bigger car is harder to park.
Chris was home. He did not have any packages for me. I checked the house mail, only to find junk. I set about opening the mail Chris had brought home. I ate a can of veggie soup and some beef. I made some charity donations. I boiled the last of the ginger and turmeric roots chunks to make tea. I made up two weeks worth of combined supplements. I ordered more. I jotted notes for my blog, and started a letter to my sponsored child from Plan International.
It was after 8 when we sat down to watch TV. We watched two episodes of DS9. I took my evening magnesium after drinking kava tea. I finished my blog and went to bed.
* One of the round robin quilts from the modern quilt guild. *

No comments: