Saturday, November 3, 2018

Sewing Saturday


I turned off the alarms and slept in. I got up about nine. I brushed and swished and sewed some binding. I turned on the router. I put some checks in the mail. I texted Chris to find out where the new checks were since I was running low. I watched the second episode of Transcendence. I did the daily tapping audio. I made and ate breakfast.
I put together a couple of projects for my sewing box. Then I wheeled it out to the car. But it was such a sunny day, that I left it in the trunk and went for a walk around the circle first. Afterward, I went to the library for quilting with the modern quilt guild. I stopped on the way to pick up two green coconuts at the little Asian store off the parkway.
When I arrived at the library, it was after noon. I set up my machine across from a lady who looked familiar but I did not remember her name. We talked as I worked on a block for the guild and then my wallhanging. She worked on half-square triangles. She told me about her experiences as a doctor of anesthesiology. I learned that the first drug given is an amnesiac so the patient won't remember waking up during surgery if it happens or becomes necessary. They try to avoid it with older patients. She said surgical anesthesia is not one drug but usually 10.
We talked until the library closed at 5. We packed up and resumed talking in the parking lot. Everybody else left. Finally at 6:15 I said she looked cold and I knew I was, so we said goodbye and parted ways. I went home.
My phone rang while I was still driving. When I parked in the driveway, I looked to see that it was Chris. I brought in the mail and the coconuts. I left the sewing stuff for tomorrow. I responded to Chris' text and listened to his message. He called while it was playing. He and Michele were on a supper break. He told me where to find the checks. I talked to Michele until she got another call. She wanted to know how I felt without my mole. I had to tell her that I didn't know yet, since the topical dressing was just like it.
I ate an apple. I heated a bowl of beef heart stew. I read e-mail. I watched three episodes of Frazier. I wrote my blog post and took my evening supplements. I saved Deepak's meditation for last, then went to bed.
* This is the quilt Christy made from last year's mystery quilt instructions. *

No comments: