Friday, November 16, 2018

Can't beet this soda


With no phone nearby, I did not know what time it was. I got up and went to the kitchen to find that it was 6:45am. There was frost on the ground. I went back to bed with my mp3 headphones. I tried to relax and meditate.
I got up again at 7:40. I brushed and swished and sewed Chris' pants and some fabric squares. I turned on the router. While it was booting up, I typed in names of quilt books to print out labels for the newest books in the guild library. But I did not attach them.
I checked e-mail, then ate the last of the steak. My neighbor came over to return my water bottle from when I had given her sumac tea. She gave me a flyer from their church for a Christmas cantata.
I wrote my blog post for last night. I made and ate breakfast while reading more e-mail. I laid out golden rod flowers and gingko leaves to dry. Then I got dressed and went to the bank to deposit the checks Pat had given me for ordering library books. When I got back, it became such a nice day that I went for a walk, checking out the sumac trees.
After the walk, I mixed up a batch of seed crackers during the talking part of one of Deepak's meditations. I had just gotten to the silent part when Chris came home. He had things to talk about, and then I finished the meditation. I read e-mail and listened to interviews. He hard-boiled the remaining eggs for our trip. He did laundry, too. I put things in the food box. I ironed the orphan block top and took its picture. I also ironed the binding on the yellow quilt. I looked up the weather in Midlothian and Huntsville. It's going to freeze tonight but not again before we come back. So if the plants survive till tomorrow, they might make it the rest of the week.
I unpacked the box from the post office. It had 12 bottles of carbonated beet juice. I drank one and it wasn't bad at all. Chris did not want to taste it.
We folded laundry and put it away. We watched two episodes of DS9, finishing season 5 and starting season 6. Chris went to bed. I made a jar of mouthwash and swished with it. I packed the bamboo salt. I typed up my blog so I could go to bed.
* Seems like it would be dangerous to shake it. *

No comments: