Friday, November 16, 2018

Cocktail hour

When I did my stretches before bed, I noticed that my right knee would not bend all the way without pain. It was like something got caught in the patella. So I worried about it as I was trying to go to sleep. I woke up around 5, feeling really cold and wondering if it was caused by fasting, so not a good idea in the winter. I snuggled up with Chris. But then his alarm went off and he had to get up for work. I pulled the infrared heating pad into bed with me and turned it on. I did some tapping and think I went back to sleep. I heard the sleep app ring and I let it go, wondering just how loud it would get. After a minute, there was another sound added to the tune that was mildly annoying. Then the phone alarm rang. So I shut them both off and got up.
I brushed and swished, and sewed another corner on the orphan block top. I brought the other Singer sewing machine to my desk to see if it ran better than the old one. It seemed very tight. I adjusted the tension and cleaned it with a q-tip. I tried the bobbin winder with the needle bar detached. The old one would heat up at that point, but this one did not. As I pulled the power cord off of one to switch to the other, I thought I heard “Dave? What are you doing, Dave? Don't touch that power cord, Dave.”
I turned on the router and boiled water for tea and nuts. I turned on the laptop but it could not find the router signal. I had to reboot the router. Then I listened to episode 9 of Healing from Vaccines. They were talking about the benefits of home hyberbaric oxygen tents.
I ate some steak and sprouts. I marked two envelops “Not at this address” and put them in the mail. I jotted some things to remember to pack. Heifer was having a 'double your donation' day, so I made a contribution in Dad's honor for Christmas. Maintenance came by to change the filter on the furnace and check the water heater. He was in and out in less than 5 minutes.
I made more spice mix. I made breakfast and ate it while listening to an interview on stress. I got dressed and threw some projects into the sewing box. Then I rolled it to the car and put it in the trunk. When I started the car, it said 'Be careful, there could be ice.' So I checked the temp, it was 33. Brrr!
I drove to quilting and parked in the grass as usual. I rolled my cart inside and set up at the table. There were not many ladies there, although some had left at lunch, and I was a little later than usual. Maybe the cold kept them away. For my first project, I sewed strips to the outside of the top of squares. Leanne came in and sat beside me. She was finishing handsewing a label on her table runner. We talked and then participated in the group discussion. Pat gave me some new library books to label. I finished the green corners on the orphan block top. I also made binding from a piece of fabric in the closet.
We all packed up at 3 and closed the blinds and turned off the lights. Rolling out to my car, the box fell off the car and the machine and fabric and quilt tops went flying. Leanne helped me pick it all up and she gave me a bungee cord to prevent it from happening again.
They went home and I went to the Alison Wellness Clinic. I was early, but they had me fill out paperwork and they mixed the solution while I was in the bathroom. Then she showed me to the IV room. There were 4 chairs and I picked one where my left arm was on a side table. She put numbing spray on the crook of my left elbow, but it still hurt when she stuck me. She did not want me to hyperventilate, or tense up, or bite my finger. But I couldn't relax and she had to take it out. She chided me for tensing up. People who are not sensitive to needle pricks just don't understand. I was hoping to have my right arm free, but it was not to be. She tried the other arm and was successful. I put on my mp3 headphones and tried to relax. I did some mental tapping and visualization. One by one, three other people came in for the IV party. Two were having weight-loss solutions and the man was having chelation. Gee, we could have sung rounds of "100 bags of IV on the pole."
My drip went pretty quickly compared to the others. When the bag was empty, she ripped off the tape on my arm (ouch!) and pulled the needle out. That part was ok. I did not feel any different for having a pack of vitamins and minerals dripped into my veins. I went to the front desk to pay. I submitted a request for the testosterone cream that the doctor had recommended. They said he would write the prescription next week and it would go to the compounding pharmacy in Florence. I did not sign up for another IV.
I braved the chill and went home. Chris wasn't there. I got the house mail and checked e-mail. There was one from Chris saying he would be late. So I brought in my machine and sewing box myself. I was hoping he would do it since there was a bandage around my right arm. I went out back and picked some dandelion. I listened to a meditation with Deepak. Chris arrived just after it finished. He showed me a small hole in his pants so I had him leave them on my sewing table. I made and ate a salad. Then I punched holes in the remaining coconut. I poured the water out and drank it. Then I put the sphere in a bag and whacked it on the floor in the laundry room. When I scraped out the meat, it was purplish. But it tasted fine so I ate it. I took selfies to see if I looked any different with all the nutrition in my system. I still didn't feel anything.
I moved my laptop to the guest room. I asked Chris to move Grandma's sewing machine to the left so I could have more room to sit there. Soon my tapping buddy was on Skype. This week we tapped for my neighbor's losing their dog to cancer. We set a new time to tap next week since Thursday will not be convenient.
Then Chris and I watched two episodes of DS9. We went to bed to cuddle. I was too tired to get up to blog and do all the pre-sleep stuff, so Chris shut off the computer and the router and I slept through the night, mostly.
* Me and a Meyer's cocktail with extra vitamin C, which is dripping into my right arm. My left arm is bandaged from a failed attempt. If there is a next time, I will bring a REAL cocktail to help with the needle stick. *

No comments: