Sunday, November 25, 2018

Leaving Richmond

We slept in late. When I got up, my dad was already up and dressed. I got dressed and realized that my gray travel pants were missing. Chris gave me his gray sweat pants to wear. I asked Dad if there was anything he needed me to do, and he said no. We talked for a bit, and William arrived to take him to church. I made and ate breakfast, noticing that my vitamin C patches were missing. Then I started packing. Chris loaded the car. I ran the vacuum cleaner in the livingroom and the den. William came back to hang up Dad's car keys. He and I looked through the leaves on the sidewalk to see if Dad's missing lens was there. But we didn't see it. He left. When I was done cleaning, we got in the car and headed out.
We finished our book on CD and started another one. But after the first CD I decided it was boring. So we switched to another book. We ran into traffic in a few places which added time to our trip. I darned one of Dad's socks while he drove.
When we got to the hotel in Bristol, the parking lot was practically empty. Chris went to check in. I had to put on my socks and shoes and coat. Then I went in. But I did not see him. So I asked the lady behind the desk if my husband checked in. She said she could not give me that information. I said it was nothing like that, just that he had just left the car to come in. She suggested I call his cell phone. So I did. He answered from the bathroom. I walked up and down hallways until I found it. I used the ladies room, then walked the hall some more for exercise until Chris came out.
We brought in one armload each from the car and took it to our room. Then we drove a short distance to Red Lobster for supper. I got salmon and he got fried flounder. We talked to our waiter who was experienced, but wanted to find a more reliable source of income.
After the meal, we went back to our hotel and brought up the rest of the stuff. Chris settled in the anteroom to game with the voices. I set up my laptop and checked out stuff in the room. I flicked off breakers in the panel to shut off the exhaust fan in the bathroom, but with no luck. I read e-mail until my tapping buddy came online. Then we tapped together for 90 minutes.
Chris was still gaming, so I looked into HRV monitors. The EmWave2 was on sale but it seemed like a cheaper unit should do a similar job. So I spent the rest of the evening looking at apps and such without a clear success.
When Chris' game was over, I realized I should have written my blog. So I am doing it now so we can go to bed, then get up early and get back to Huntsville.
* This is Kurt doing his Geordi LAforge imitation with a lit birthday sign. *

No comments: