Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Mad as a hornet

The app and the phone alarm got me up. I brushed and swished and sewed some patches together. I made coffee and did special exercises. I put on some meditation music and did some meditation and tapping.
My neighbor came over to give me a poinsettia. It was lovely. Then I had to run to the bathroom. So I texted her later to see if there was anything else she wanted. She gave me some cheese that she had bought for her mother who had been for a visit. Sounded good to me.
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. And I took a shower. There wasn't time to vacuum. I jumped in the Malibu and headed to the gas station on post. But cars were lined up to use the pumps and I did not want to wait. So I went off post and stopped at a gas station on Jordan. I did the math and decided I had used a little less than one gallon of gas. I went inside the store and paid for it. Then I went outside and pumped it into the car, and proceeded to the dealership.
The technician showed me a page documenting that they found nothing wrong with my car. I explained that the growling was a new thing. But he said the diagnostic machine found nothing wrong. So he brought my car around and handed me the keys. I got in my car and it suddenly felt small. I drove home.
I watered the plants outside. The fern didn't look good, but the others were ok. I made breakfast and ate a few bites while listening to part of a presentation on dental health. I had to pause it to go see the Korean doctors. I got there at 2, and brought the nice boxes that they give out onion juice and jujube juice in.
He wanted to know why the insurance claim did not go through. He showed me an e-mail from the company. I read through it and identified the relevant sentence. But we looked at the form and it had the right data in the box. So I called the company and waited.
While I was waiting, Dr. Grace asked me if I knew where to get embroidery done. I told her I had such a machine. If only I had been struck dumb a second before I opened my mouth! She got so excited. She showed me two fleece blankets that she'd bought. And two napkins that had cross-stitched characters on them. She wanted the characters cut out in a heart shape and appliqued to the blankets, and messages embroidered above the hearts. I told her it would take some time and she said she needed them on Friday. I said it wasn't possible. So she said by 9:20 on Monday morning. I told her I couldn't guarantee quality in such a short time. (She probably thinks I have nothing else to do.) I tried to say no but she begged and I reluctantly agreed.
Then the company answered the phone. I talked to the lady and found the problem, which was in a different box. We made the change and submitted it again. Then we worked on setting up other patients. But although they were all Blue Cross Blue Shield, each card was different and it was impossible to tell which numbers went where on the form. I tried an internet search but had no luck.
At 4 I had to leave. She wanted to take another mole off of my face, but I didn't have time. I went home. Chris was there. I was fuming about the extra work the more I thought of it. I was feeling behind before, but now? Arrgh! Chris told me he might get offered a good job in Korea and should he turn it down? I finished breakfast and ate some steak. I also had some cheese. I called Beverly back. I got out my embroider machine and hooked it up to see if it still worked. And it seemed to. But then I ran out of time.
I went to the church. I spent almost an hour and a half entering offering data and printing reports. It was perfectly timed. I turned off the computer and walked into choir practice.
Cecelia told me she needed another bottle of magnesium. I didn't tell her that I just submitted an order yesterday. After practice, I talked to Elaine. She showed me a technique for calming an allergic reaction. I spoke to Jennifer for a few minutes, then went home.
When I got there, I made tea and swished again. We watched two episodes of DS9, then checked on one of the actors. I wrote up my blog post while Chris did something on his laptop. Then it was time for bed.
* Here is another quilt shown off at the guild meeting. *

No comments: