Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

The sleep app went off at 8. I had turned the phone alarm off. I snuggled with Chris for awhile. Then we got up and showered and dressed.
We watched the Macy's day parade, with Cecily and Marie and Carol darting into and out of the kitchen performing food prep tasks. Cecily asked for anyone's laundry so I brought our laundry bag down. She did a white load and a colored load.
I worked on my wallhanging for a while. Then I brought my breakfast box downstairs because the others were eating lunch and invited me to join in. But by the time I made breakfast, they had left the table.
I sat at my laptop in the living room where Al and Chris were watching football. The dog show was over. Then Al and Marie took the dogs for a walk. Cecily came and sat down. We talked about not being able to do what we used to. Cecily said that blood vessels narrow when you don't eat enough fat, and that fat bombs are exactly what my father needs. I asked Cecily about my shoulder pain. She said it was bursitis and recommended some gentle stretches.
Then it was time for rolls. Marie rolled out the bread dough. Cecily spread the butter, Marie sprinkled sugar, Cecily sprinkled cinnamon, and I did the nuts and helped with the raisins. Marie and I rolled up the dough and she sliced it into segments and put them in baking dishes.
I took off my apron and went back to my laptop. I read e-mail and listened to a few audios. Cecily talked to me off and on about Christmas lists. Then I went upstairs to see Michele. Chris was sleeping on her floor. I went in our room and put all the laundry in my suitcase as well the toiletries case. Chris came in and climbed under the covers. I took my bottle of argan oil to Michele and asked her to put drops of oil between the hairs above my right ear. She did a good job. Then I found a clip to put up my hair.
I went down to the kitchen. The turkey was done and the rolls were coming out of the oven. But Cecily said it would be another 20 minutes. I watched a 7 minute video with flashing lights and music designed to facilitate meditation. Al carved the turkey.
Finally we all sat down to our Thanksgiving feast. Chris said the prayer. Then we passed the stuffing, turkey, relish, gravy, rolls, rutabaga, and cauliflower casserole. It was all good, as far as I know. I had a little extra because I was passing on dessert. Carol and Cecily put most of the food away and then we had pumpkin and pecan pie with whipped cream. Marie and Al watched foot ball. I played solitaire and meditated. Eventually Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and then followed.
* Every man sticks his own bird. *

No comments: