Saturday, March 9, 2019

A sew day of sorts

I stayed in bed even after my alarm went off. Chris was already up, applying for jobs and playing an online game. I roused myself about 8 and started my morning routine. I figured out how to sew around the corner of the fish. I drank water and took my morning supplements. Then Chris gave me a massage with coconut oil. He rubbed all the parts that the massage therapist didn't. Afterward, I took a shower and got dressed. I made breakfast and ate it while watching episode 9 of GMOs Revealed.
A friend of mine has a quilting studio nearby and opened it for group sewing today. So I contacted her on Facebook to see when she was open. After she replied, I hopped in my car, taking the banner with me. I headed off post, but the intersection by the commissary was closed. So I had to go around to the Patton Road gate to get to Drake and then to Leeman Ferry. I pulled over at the ice rink to call for more directions. Following her advice, I backtracked to her studio behind a security place.
I went in with my banner project. Melissa gave me a tour of the place. Then we all sat and talked. Pat and I sewed. She also told me all about her ex-husband and eventually my eyes glazed over. Fortunately, there was thunder and lightning so we packed up and left. I went back to post the usual way and the intersection was now open. I went home, noting it was almost dark and raining hard. I grabbed my project and ran inside.
I sat at my laptop and cued up another episode of GMO's Revealed. As I listened, I ripped the stitching out of another curtain panel. I searched the internet for a quilt book for the guild and ordered it when I found it. The outside alarm system announced a tornado, but all we had was rain.
Then I started looking at Star Trek memes on Pinterest. Some of them were very funny. Chris cooked a pork heart and yucca root for supper. I opened the last coconut and finished that. Then I ate some of the supper and also made a salad. I kept on reading Pinterest submissions and finally had to get up and walk away so we could watch TV.
We watched The Mysterious Island with Dwayne Johnson. The storm hit hard. Lots of rain. And then we heard the drip-drip-drip. There was water coming out of the AC vent in the ceiling. I put a bowl under it and Chris called the maintenance hotline. We went back to our computers. I got sucked into more Star Trek memes. When I finally broke free, I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Melissa's longarm *

No comments: