Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Modern Quilt Guild

I woke up hearing my alarm go off in the distance. I thought I stayed in bed for quite some time after that, but all of a sudden I found myself jumping out of bed and it was only 7:40. I brushed and swished. I turned on the router. I took some of my morning supplements. I boiled water and soaked my sprouts. Chris had left the lid of the bread machine up, but when I tried to fill the pan with ingredients, I found that we were out of flour. I listened to episode 8, pausing it to take notes. It was about using essential oils for anxiety and depression. I gathered the recyclables and put them out for pick-up. I put a box of class samples in my car, not sure if I was going to need them or not.
I went to quilting and took the banner to show off. There was also a small bit of sewing left to do and I finished that. Beverly was not there. I talked to the ladies at the table, while Anita and someone else were sandwiching quilts. Thelma had to leave because her granddaughter was sick. Then others left. I talked to another lady who was a retired science teacher. Finally she had to meet her husband. And it was time for me to go as well.
I went to the Asian store for kimbap and bread flour, but they did not have bread flour. So then I went across the street to the neighborhood Walmart and got it there, plus chia and flax seed. When I got home, I ate the kimbap with the last of the kimchi. I also made and ate breakfast. Then I printed out two copies of the donation forms for church.
I went to church and parked in the back. I decided to take my walk along the creek there. But getting to the path proved to be messy. I did not see that the patch of ground was boggy and I walked through it, getting my shoes and socks wet and muddy. I walked 15 minutes west-ish, then turned around and walked back. I took my folder from my car and went into the church office to enter data and print reports. It did not take long. There were men on the roof repairing a leak and they were still there. Then I took the money to the bank to deposit.
From the bank, I went home. I resumed listening to a video from the HomeGrown summit. Chris arrived with a package. It was the CBD oil that I ordered. Jennifer started texting me from the airport. I had to pause the video to answer her. I ate the last piece of pork and an orange. I practiced my trombone briefly, then had to leave.
I went down Drake and took the parkway over to University to the place where the Modern Quilt Guild was meeting. I was early. And I discovered that I had forgotten my phone. Quilt meetings are a target-rich environment, but I had nothing to aim at them. For sew-n-tell, I showed off my banner and a quilt top. During the main meeting, we were supposed to bring a favorite quilting notion. I didn't have one, so I talked about my magnifying glass on a floor stand and said it was too big and heavy to bring. After the meeting, there was a scrap swap. I did not bring scraps because I thought we were swapping bags of them. As it turns out, the scraps were dumped into a big pile on the table and the contributors pulled out what they liked. The president insisted that I collect a bag of scraps and make a mug rug for the group auction in the fall.
The group had collected a box of fabric scraps for dog beds, and they gave them to me. There were also 3 bags of batting scraps. Someone helped me carry all that to my car, and I wish I could remember her name. I thanked her and went home, taking University to Jordan. Chris was ready to watch TV when I got there. I made tea and then joined him in the livingroom. We watched 3 episodes of Night Court and one episode of ST:NG.
Chris did not make his sandwich because he wanted the bread to cool in the fridge over night. He says it cuts better that way. He went to bed and I stayed up to take my evening supplements, blog, swish and do some yoga stretches. I also mixed some essential oils with argan oil and applied it to my ear, and to my forehead and back of my neck, and wrists to help me sleep.
* This is Lauri's quilt from yesterday. *

No comments: