Friday, March 29, 2019

Hickory dickory dock

I went to bed late to avoid having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. I was thinking that getting up during the night was somehow making it harder to get up in the morning. Well, I woke up at 5, just before Chris' alarm went off. It only took me two tries to get up and I did my business and went back to bed. Sleep, however, seemed a long way off.
When I awoke and gathered the energy to get up, it was easier than I thought. I sat up on the first try and stood up on the first try. I wondered if the difference was which side of the bed because that determines which leg goes out first. In the middle of the night I use my side, and this morning I used my side.
I tried to follow the usual morning routine. My back hurt but was not on the edge of spasm. Instead of sewing, I got dressed and walked around the circle. I hoped that would loosen up my back, but it did not have any significant effect. My massage therapist texted to see if I could come in this afternoon, but I had to say no. I took my supplements and listened to interviews. I made and ate breakfast. I sat with a heating pad while listening to Deepak go through a meditation.
I decided to try driving a short distance. I changed my clothes to all clean ones. I asked my inner self if I was ready and the answer was no. So I took a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory. Then I finalized an order to Swansons while I waited for it to kick in. I also jotted some notes for my blog.
I drove to the clinic but the OPEN sign was shut off, and their car was not there. So I proceeded to the church. The money was already counted. I just had to enter it into the computer. Jennifer started texting me. When she found out I was at the church, she said there was music in her office for me. So I went to get it. There were 6 pieces, 3 of which I knew about. Two were for flute. I texted her that I could not promise all of that. I finished up the reports and took the money to the bank, then came home.
There was a box of super minerals in the mail box and Chris had brought home a Swansons package from the post office. I unboxed everything and put them away. Chris was in a bad mood, probably from work, so I went for a walk. I went down by the creek and picked dock and wild lettuce. When I got back, I picked some dandelion blossoms and wild violet blossoms to add to a salad. I put salad greens in a container to soak. Then I practiced all the
trombone music, and then two pieces on flute. I rinsed the greens and made two salads. I ate them both while sitting at my laptop. I called Dad, but there was no answer. Chris rubbed my back with Icy Hot and it felt so much better. I played Solitaire and made a cup of tea. Then we watched two episodes of “The White Queen”. It is an engaging story, though I don't know how true to life it might be. Definitely has scenes I would rather not see, but Chris tells me when they are over so I can look again.
* This is dock, very plentiful around here. *

No comments: