Monday, March 11, 2019

Too much Star Trek?

I was up waaaaay too late last night looking at Star Trek memes. So, I slept in until 9. I was not happy about that. But there was nothing to be done. I did my usual morning routine. I started sewing the fish to the banner. I took my morning supplements, with the recommended spacing. I read e-mail and made and ate breakfast. No maintenance people showed up.
It was raining, though. I put my machine in the car and drove to quilting. They were just finishing lunch. I set up my machine in the back. I made another row to sew to my quilt top. Then I cut and sewed borders on: all while participating in the room conversation. About 2:30 I started packing up and put some of the group stuff away. I wasn't the last to leave, so I left one iron out. It was no longer raining, so I was comfortable rolling my machine out to the car to go home.
When I got home and parked, I saw my neighbor out cleaning leaves from her flower bed. I stopped to chat with her. While we were chatting, Chris came home, but he did not seem to see us. When the conversation was over, I went home to greet Chris. He was arguing with the credit card company because they had sent me a new credit card, but there was not one for him. The rep said one was sent out. The manager said only mine was sent. But then the call was transferred to the security department who said Chris' card was in the mail. Sigh. At least we got an extra 5000 miles added to our card.
It was sunny by then so I took a walk. When I got back, I listened to a video. Instead of watching it, I read more Star Trek memes. I dined on a pork heart, then made and ate a salad. Later I had some blueberries for dessert. I noticed that my massage therapist sent a message saying she had a cancellation for tomorrow afternoon.
It was after 8 when I called Dad. He had finished his glass of water, but said he was behind on eating because he was trying to write a check and his tremor kept getting in the way. After the call, Chris and I watched the sequel to Percy Jackson, something about sea monsters. Afterward, Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog. Hopefully I can avoid getting on Pinterest: Every night when I lay down, I hear the ST:NG theme music in my head.

No comments: