Sunday, March 31, 2019

Last frost?

Chris came back to bed at 8am to wake me up. I don't know when he got up. It took quite a while because I was very tired after not having slept well at all. I finally gathered the energy sometime after 8:30. I washed up and got dressed for church. I drank a lot of water and took supplements. And that was all I had time for.
It was cold out so I put on a coat and headed to church. I wasn't sure if going to church was a good idea for my back. But I hit green lights all the way and got there just in time to warm up with the choir. They could see I was moving slowly. I could see that Jennifer, our choir director, looked like she wasn't feeling well.
After the warmup I talked to the couple behind me. Then I headed towards the bathroom. I ran into Elaine and we talked about our common experiences with Dr. Jarvis. After using the restroom, I picked up a bulletin and sat in my pew. Tamara was there and we discussed back pain. I was about to tell her about a video I saw on adjusting your own spine when Pastor started the service.
There were announcements, and then the usual liturgy. I had trouble kneeling and standing. For the sermon, the pastor read the parable of the prodigal son, asking the congregation to make the sounds the listeners might have made as they heard the story for the first time. That really got people's attention and kept them engaged.
After the service I was determined to go home. I had forgotten that today being the 5th Sunday meant there was a brunch afterward. I was talking to Stacey the pastor's wife, sharing contact info, when Scott walked up. He issued us an invitation to join him and his friends for brunch on Easter Sunday afternoon. As I was talking to her on the way out, her husband joined in. Then Bill invited the pastor and his wife to come to the brunch and bring Fern. I said “Fern is in a lot of pain and needs to go home”. I was surprised how much harder it would have been to say “I am in a lot of pain and need to go home”.
I got in my car and drove home, taking pics along the way. When I got there, I was hungry so I made and ate breakfast. I also started a loaf of bread for Chris. Chris went grocery shopping by himself since my back was hurting.
I read about the history of Edward IV and wife and sons, the Princes in the Tower. To this day no one is certain what happened to the two boys. Then I looked up Mystery Hill in NH. And finally, videos on how to align your own spine. Tamara had left early so I did not get to tell her about the video. I found a similar one and e-mailed her a link.
Following the video, I laid on my bed and went through the motions. I heard my back pop, though the pain did not go away altogether. Chris came home and I helped him unbag the groceries. I changed my clothes, and went for a walk. I foraged along the way, but did not find any nettles. When I got back, I moved some plants closer to the house because it is supposed to go down to 32 tonight.
I read an article on plastics in salt. I played a game of Solitaire. I practiced flute and trombone. I made a list of sewing projects and found it was longer than I thought. I look through a bag of scraps, and got an idea. I looked up morse code to follow it through. I decided one short word would be best.
I got sidetracked looking at quilt blocks. Then I made a salad and had some liver. I listened to a podcast on gut analysis. Chris brought in the houseplants. I moved the rest of my new plants to the makeshift microclimate on the front porch. I downloaded pics from my camera taken on the way home from church. I made a cup of tea. Then we watched two episodes of ST:NG. I took supplements before, between, and after. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* Last sign of spring? *

No comments: