Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday

I woke up hearing Chris get ready for work. I stayed in bed until my alarm went off. Then I got up to brush and swish. I made some copies of a donation sheet. I cut a fish shape from the dark gray fabric. But the curve wasn't quite right. But I had to move on.
I drank lemon water and boiled water for coffee. I put on a presentation from the Tapping Summit. I took niacin and did my exercises when the flush hit. But I forgot to drybrush beforehand. I finished all the tapping presentations and added some of my own as meditations.
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and mopped all the floors. Then, because it was a sunny day albeit cold, I went for a short walk. It was all I had time for. Afterward, I took a shower, but did not wash my hair because I did not have time to dry it I got an e-mail from Chris that he needed bread for tomorrow, so I quickly threw the ingredients into the bread machine and ate half of fat bomb.
I drove to the Korean clinic and apologized for being late. She wanted me to figure out how to get her extra tax payment back from California. Then there was a bill for car insurance that was too high. Then I dealt with a credit card bill that had late charges. She gave me a steamed sweet potato and a clementine, a jar of bamboo salt and a box of fresh jujube juice packets.
It was after 4 when I got home. Chris was there already. I told him about the tax problem and he said the owner should call the JAG office and they would take care of it. That sounded like a darn fine plan to me. I started making breakfast. Faye called. She was having bad luck with her car and her fridge. I finished breakfast, forgetting the fermented cod liver oil. I jotted notes for my blog, then cracked open a coconut, drank the water and ate some of the meat.
It was time to leave. I stopped at the gas station for a fill-up. Then I went to church to practice with the choir. It was a short practice because of the Ash Wednesday service. The pastor and I talked about having the base commander come visit us with the head of housing to inspect the premises. He lives so close to me that I could throw a stone through his window.
The service started promptly at 7. It was quicker than I anticipated. The pastor spoke about Ash Wednesday not being depressing even though it is a celebration of death. It ended with everyone lining up to take communion by intinction, get ashes imposed on their forehead, then walking out the door in silence.
I went home and finished eating the coconut. I made the usual tea, then sat in the livingroom with Chris and watched two episodes of ST:NG. Finally I sat down to write my blog post for the day. I plan to do my nightly yoga and go to bed.
* A quilt made for a man had a stroke or something like that. It is full of Bible verses. *

No comments: