Friday, March 8, 2019

The glitch

I woke up hearing Chris' alarm. It was hard to go back to sleep, but I stayed in bed. I heard my alarm go off. I still didn't want to get up and then I heard the rain. So it was 8:30 till I rousted myself, found my socks and started the morning routine. I trimmed the corners of the fish shape and started needle-turn applique to affix it to the banner. Bending over the table like that was not good for my back, so I didn't do it for long. Then I turned on the router and boiled water and rinsed the sprouts.
I took my morning supplements and listened to the tapping summit wrap-up. At 11 I made and ate breakfast. While listening to an audio, I played Solitaire and apparently hit a glitch in the system where I did not get enough cards to finish the game. Probably the last round just disappeared. I restarted it several times but to no avail. I turned the volume up so I could do more applique. I also sewed 2 more rows of squares to the quilt top of squares. I ripped apart some curtains that I bought on a rummage sale while listening to podcasts. Then I looked up how to sharpen a seam ripper. Sadly I have no steel wool.
I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I spied daffodils growing behind an abandoned house and wondered what else might be planted near them. Chris was home when I got back. I finished two Ben Greenfield podcasts, and heated the last of the beef. I made more chia/flax mix for tomorrow. I deleted e-mail, and jotted notes for my blog. Faye called and we caught up. Then I called Dad. He had had 10 oz of water today. He sounded better than yesterday.
I moved my laptop to the guest room. Soon my tapping buddy contacted me. We tapped for her situation and the outcome was favorable. By then it was 8:30. Chris was ready to watch TV, so we sat through 2 episodes of ST:NG. Then, I made tea and drank it while posting to my blog. Chris went to bed and I shall soon follow.
* This is the back of a quilt I posted earlier. I love this print. *

No comments: