Thursday, March 14, 2019

Happy Pi Day

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30. Chris was already up. I stayed in bed a bit longer. But when I got up, it wasn't long before we were both back in bed. Then he packed up his laptop and headed out. I got up to follow the usual routine. I took my morning supplements. I looked at Star Trek memes again because it was on an open window. I listened to an audio while I clicked on pic after pic. I made and ate breakfast. I checked the guild library to see if the donated books were already there. Then I looked for a project to take to quilting and found the bib I had cut out at Dad's house.
I went to quilting as it started to rain. I talked to Charlotte, who is also helping with the library. She wasn't worried if I did not get all the books labeled. There was a tornado watch in effect, but I set up my machine anyway and had time to pin and sew the bib. I really should have had a roller foot because there were puckers here and there. Then we all packed up to leave although it was early. On my way home, I stopped by the post office. There was only one piece of mail and it was an ad, so I threw it away.
When I got home, I ate a piece of pork and some sauerkraut. I looked at Star Trek memes on Pinterest. I did not mean to spend so much time at it, but I did find a good one for today. I also opened a bag of apple chips and somehow half of the bag disappeared. I snacked on dates and cacao nibs as well.
I got out my crochet hook to fix the rug that I washed and it came unraveled. I auditioned border fabrics for the circle blocks and for the banner. But I was not able to make any decisions. Chris called when he arrived in St. Louis. We did not have much to say so it was a short call.
I saw a very small amount of water (again( by the base of the toilet. So I submitted a work order online to the Housing website. Soon a man came over to check out the toilet. He said the wax ring needed to be replaced and he would be by first thing in the morning to do it.
At 7 my tapping buddy called. We had a really good session working on my issues because she had them too. Then I made tea and took my evening supplements.
I watched Mr. Poppers Penguins. It was a cute movie and I think Chris would have liked it. I assembled the dressmaker's form that Doris gave me. I sat down to write my blog post and was confronted with lines that I couldn't get rid of. I had to do an internet search to find out how to turn them off. It was not simple. Then I wrote all that I could remember, added a pic, and posted it. Then it was time for bed.
* I think Warf is being misquoted from saying "Today is a good day to die".

No comments: