Thursday, March 28, 2019

Getting a little better

I had to get up during the night and managed to do so. But in the morning, I slept late, dreading the process and effort of trying to get out of bed. I tried the chiropractic process I had read about yesterday for re-aligning the lower spine. I did it four times, but never heard any pop.
I tried getting up on my side of the bed, but could not quite reach the floor. So I maneuvered myself to the other side, hoping that the footstool would be there. But it was not. However, I found a thick book at the head of the bed and dropped it in just the right place. It still took me several tries, but I managed to get up. It was 10am, whereas yesterday it took me until noon to get up.
First, I made my way to the bathroom where I had left the lid up last night. But Chris must have put it down in the morning. Bending down to lift it was painful. Then I went to the kitchen to get my quart of water. I drank, and swished and sat against the heating pad. I left Chris a message saying that I was up and mobile. I took my morning supplements. Dr. Lee called, hoping I would come in today. I told him I wasn't ready. He said he hoped to see me tomorrow.
I read some e-mail, but could not sit for long. I took a walk around the circle. What usually takes 15 minutes took almost 25. I made breakfast, and ate it outside in the sun. I meditated with Deepak. I took the muscle relaxer and the anti-inflammatory. I started another jar of fermented coconut milk. I played some interviews and looked at some quilting books for inspiration. I folded up the piece of batting I had made. I checked the mail. There was nothing in the mail box, but there was a box sitting on the chair outside the door. I opened it and found a five-pound bag of coffee. I put it in the freezer. Then I sat with the heating pad again.
Chris came home from work. There was nothing from the post office. I got tired of sitting and there was nothing else to do but walk since I already had swept the floor several times. (the other good standing activities involve preparing food and eating it. Good for standing, but bad for the waistline.) So I went for a walk around the playground and down to the creek and back to our circle. Coming back, I ran into our neighbor. We chatted for a bit and then I walked again, in a slightly wider circle. When I got back, I was tired, so I took a chance and laid down for a nap. I don't think I ever fell asleep.
I called Chris to bring the foot stool over to the bed. Within a few tries, I was able to get up again. I went to the kitchen to made salad, but ate liver and sauerkraut instead. I was thinking I should cancel my skype call with my tapping buddy because of all the sitting involved. But once we got into it, I felt like it was ok. In fact, we tapped for over an hour. I think we both felt better afterward.
When the call was over, I ate a can of soup while watching “The White Queen”, courtesy of Netflix. We saw two episodes. Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I took my evening supplements and wrote up my blog post for the day.
* This is a pineapple top that I planted last week. *

No comments: