Sunday, March 17, 2019

St. Patrick's Day

When I woke up, it was cold. I had turned the heat off last night while watching TV and forgot to turn it back on. So I turned it on this morning and took a shower while the house heated up. I found a green dress in my closet and put it on. I read e-mail while swishing and taking most of my morning supplements.
But all of a sudden it was 9 and I had to dash off to church. I got there in time to warmup with the choir. Afterward, I assured Jeanne that I was making progress in the banner. Jim, the treasurer, told me that one of the checks from last week will bounce. Then we had the service. The pastor talked about the history of St. Patrick and drew parallels to today's scripture.
After the service, I talked to Elaine about our common doctor. Jennifer gave me music to practice on trombone for Easter. Ron said there were frozen meals in the kitchen if we wanted any. I asked if they were cabbage and corned beef, but he said no. Then I talked to the interim pastor and his wife before going home.
When I got home, I took the last morning supplement, changed my clothes, and went for a long walk. Anything over half an hour is a long walk. When I got back, I made and ate breakfast while listening to a podcast. Since Chris wasn't here to complain, I listened to several podcasts, usually while playing Solitaire. I forbade myself from going on Pinterest.
I sat at my sewing desk and fixed the hems of Chris' pants. I cleared the piles of fabric from my sewing table and put them in the fabric room by color. I ate the last of the salad, and watched celery juice videos. Lots of people are swearing by the many benefits of drinking 16 oz of celery juice every morning; some for a week, some indefinitely. I drank some kombucha from a bottle I have been saving. I drank a packet of jujube juice and one of onion juice. I made tea, and took my evening supplements.
I drank the tea while watching Now and Then. It was another heart-warming coming-of-age saga. I didn't think Chris would like it, so I watched it now while he is gone. Wednesday, from the Addams family, was in it. I resisted the urge to turn the heat off. I just turned the TV way up.
I brushed and swished and wrote my blog post for today. Afterward, I might practice my trombone and/or do some yoga.

* I saw this tree on my way home from church. *

No comments: