Thursday, March 7, 2019

Can fabric solve everything?

I got up before 7, not sure how late it was and wanting to have time to listen to all the presentations for Day 10. I brushed and swished, but did not sew. I turned on the router and boiled water for soaking nuts. I rinsed the new set of sprout seeds. I listened to the rest of the presentations for Day 10 except for the 15 minute meditation. During that time, I got dressed and made breakfast.
A little after 10, I headed out to see the doctor. I had memorized the route, counting the number of possible right turns off of the road around Adtran. The count by the map was four, but I counted 10 by the time I reached the right road. Thankfully I was not far from the office and got there in time. I waited a little bit, but then the doctor ushered me back to a room where she did an environmental allergy test; molds and trees and grasses and such. I was expecting heavy metals to be included. Anyway, after the machine identified the things I react to, she went through a number of flower essence remedies and selected the ones that would quell the reactions. Then I went up front to pay for the session and the three environmental remedies plus the food remedies from last time.
On the way home, I went around Adtran again, but on the other side. The map had indicated 6 right turns, but again I counted 10 when I got to the right return road. From there I went back to the arsenal. I checked the mail, which there was none. I went for a walk, looking for daffodils. I saw the new playground equipment being set up. I wondered if that had anything to do with the military housing fiasco. Later, walking into the woods to investigate a yellow flower, I almost stepped on a good sized snake. He looked alive and I did not hang around to test that theory. I did find daffodils, noting their location for later.
When I got home, I ate brussel sprouts and the last piece of lamb. Then I put my machine in the car and went to quilting. Leanne showed me her new (to her) Singer featherweight. I laid out my quilt top and auditioned borders. But it was square and I wanted it to be rectangular. So I found some scrap fabric in the back room and cut square to make another row. Pat talked about library stuff and handed me a donated book. She also mentioned a book she had texted me about over a month ago. Then we packed up and pulled the shades. Her daughter came to get her and I went home.
When I got home, it was only 2:30. I listened to a podcast on 5G and found other podcasts to listen to while I checked and deleted e-mail. Chris came home with 2 Swanson packages. I opened the boxes and put away the items. I mowed part of the lawn. I ironed circles onto black backgrounds as Rebecca's project indicated. Then I sewed the circles down. I pressed the squares I had cut earlier. Then I finished a podcast and did the tapping meditation. I made and ate a salad, using up the last of the sprouts I had grown. I called Dad.
I started an interview on what animals can teach us about nutrition. I paused it to take my laptop to the guest room to meet with my tapping buddy. But she was tired so we rescheduled. I made tea and listened more of the interview. When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of ST:NG together. Then he made his lunch and got ready for bed while I wrote up my blog post for today.
* Someone gave me this pencil on Monday. I think it was Rebecca, but it might have been Lauri. *

No comments: