Thursday, August 22, 2019

Busy or ugly?

I went to bed really late last night because I didn't want to wake up to urinate. I don't remember my dreams last night, so meat may or may not have been involved. I did sleep in a little.
I did the usual morning stuff. I made and ate kitchari for breakfast, glad that this is the last day. I cut some strips for the strip quilt. I packed it my sewing case to take along. Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
When I got there, the table was mostly full, so I set up at the very end. A number of ladies came over to see the quilt I was working on. I got to explain over and over that I was just finishing someone else's project. We discussed how busy it was and was it worth taking things apart to try a different sashing. I didn't think anything could save it, and I didn't want to waste any of my perfectly good fabric on sashing it. Carol suggested that I turn a few blocks around to give the viewer's eye a chance to rest. I laid out the blocks and discovered that I didn't have them all. So I just sewed what I could. By then only Christy and Rhonda were left. I packed up the power strips, then my stuff and I went home, stopping at the gas station on the way.
I drank some water, read some e-mail, then ate kitchari for lunch. As usual, it was filling, but not very exciting. Then I went out back to mow the lawn. That wasn't very exciting either. I plugged the mower in to recharge. Then I came in and wiped off all the sweat.
I read e-mail. I found the remaining blocks and sewed them in place. I stopped when I realized that it was the perfect take-along project for Monday. Then I ate the rest of the kitchari while listening to a podcast on the carnivore diet. My head says it doesn't make sense to live on animal products alone, but my gut was all in favor of it.
I called my tapping buddy and we tapped on her issue for over an hour. It would have gone longer but she was tired. So then I called Chris on skype. He wasn't feeling well. So we talked briefly and he went to bed. I finished the carnivore diet interview. She didn't say she took supplements on her meat diet. So I checked her website, and saw that she sells Vit D, and a few others.
Then I watched one episode of Royal Pains. I used the massage ball while watching the screen. Afterward, I put some more baking soda on the scalp around my ear. I thought I had found the answer to the itch, but apparently the effect is only temporary. I typed up my blog post and took a few last swipes at the fruit flies. Then I got ready for bed.

No comments: