Friday, August 30, 2019

Disposal gets a clean bill of health

It was really quiet when I went to bed last night. I had turned off the electricity to that part of the house. But I woke up in the night to use the bathroom and my head was full of sound. I went back to sleep and slept in until 8:30. I turned on the electricity and router. For some reason the A/C was off all night even though I didn't touch that breaker.
I deleted some e-mail, then put on the first interview of the day. I found a block kit in my bag so I ironed the fabrics contained in it, and followed the directions until I had the block in the picture. About 11 a guy came to fix the disposal. I paused the interview. I explained that it was working now but might have a loose connection. He went out to his truck to get tools and I ducked into the bedroom to get dressed. It didn't take him long. He said to call right away if it stopped working again. We talked about what would be the best number to call.
After he left, I made and ate breakfast. I read some e-mail, then considered my quilts in progress. I designed a border for the one with 5” blocks. I cut and sewed to create it. I went outside to cut grass along the fence with shears. I spent at least 20 minutes and got some sun. I did some subcutting of a strip I made. Then I drove to the post office to check the mail. Just more recycling. I stopped at the library on the way home. I turned in one book and checked out another by Victoria Holt. They only had one, which surprised me. I checked the free shelf, but did not find any there. There was one called The Cat Who Went Bananas. I like that series so I picked it up.
When I got home, I brought in the mail, then went for a walk. I took my phone so I could use it to test my phone for cell signals and wi-fi signals at various points along the way.
I resumed sewing, then made a salad. When I had eaten it, I started watching Royal Pains. Chris called. He'd been out with Herberth all day. We talked for a little bit, then I went back to my show and afterward watched two episodes of Frasier (since the first one was to-be-continued).
I spied a large roach in the bathroom. It was trying to hide behind a tube of toothpaste. I jammed it back, trapping the bug. But it's antenna were so long they nearly touched my hand as I held it there. It was definitely a call-Chris moment, but he was too far away. I had to grab a piece of toilet paper with my other hand and squish it. Yuck! Hopefully the neighbors didn't hear my screams.
I had to do some more sewing to calm down. Two of the border strips were half an inch too short and there was no more of them. So I inserted yellow squares on those two corners. Then I sat down to write my blog post.
* This kit was from the 2015 row-by-row. Now what do I do with this block? *

No comments: