Friday, August 23, 2019

Pricing rummage

I slept pretty well last night. I got up before the alarm went off. There was the usual ringing in my ears and I wondered if it was in the guest room as well, so I laid down in there. It seemed a little quieter. There was a book of songs in there and I sang a few of them. Then I weighed myself and found I lost 3 or 4 pounds. I read the rest of my book even though I only meant to do a chapter or two.
I turned on the router and chose an interview from the oral health summit to listen to. I learned that grinding teeth at night is a way some people compensate for mild apnea. I resumed taking my usual morning supplements. I raised the stove top and cleaned under it. I don't think it was contributing to the fruit fly problem, but just in case. I made up a week's worth of breakfast lunch and dinner doses. Then I had breakfast, but for some reason couldn't eat it all.
Stacey wanted to leave at 12:15 so I puttered around for a few minutes. I made a pattern for my next project. Then I went out to water flowers and saw that she was waiting for me. We drove to the church to help with the rummage sale. Apparently she had been helping earlier in the week, so she knew exactly what was going on. Susan asked me to go to the craft room to price fabric. So I did. I measured and rolled pieces. I made decisions. I helped Susan bring down a big box of wrapping paper from one of the sunday school rooms. Cindy and I went through it, pulling out the best rolls. Some of it was folded. And some showed signs of being chewed. We threw those away. I cut strips of paper to wrap around the rolls so I could put price tags on them. We priced stuff really low.
A lady I didn't know, but clearly Susan did, came and looked through the fabric pile. She chose a bunch to buy. All she had was a $20. So we looked for change. I found a $10 bill and 9 ones in my wallet. Stacey gave me the lady's $20 and I gave her my $19 in change. Stacey gave the lady change and handed me the purchase price to put in the money box. I owe someone $1 but I don't know who.
There were two tall shepherds hooks in the narthex that hadn't been priced. I was told that those items were going to be priced by men. When? I wanted to buy the hooks and Stacey was certain that they would be 2 for $5, but I only had $20's. I was told to write that I owed for the hooks on a piece of paper and put it in the box. So I did, not knowing how much they might be priced at. Then Stacey and I put them in her car. (How are they going to price them when they are not there?).
We headed back to base. Stacey was on her phone most of the time. We reached the guard station at 4:25 so I asked her to stop at the post office, which closes at 4:30. We got there just in time. I ran in, opened my mailbox and got the yellow slip, then raced to the front desk to claim my package – more Swanson supplements.
Stacey dropped me off at my house. There was another package waiting at my front door. It was in sad shape. Stacey got the shepherds hooks from her car. I pushed them into the ground by the house. I took my packages inside. I watered my plants, then unpacked my two boxes. The damaged one contained a foam roller, and nothing else, not even a packing slip. There was an e-mail from Amazon saying two items had been delivered. So I spent far too long finding out how to contact Amazon to say the second item was missing.
I ate a banana and chocolate and nuts for a late lunch, as well as finishing breakfast. I read e-mail and listened to another summit. I went for a walk. When I got back, I drank water, and checked e-mail again. I took a quiz to find my Ayurvedic profile. Then I had supper, consisting of an egg, cheese, corn and strawberries. Unlike the last 4 days, I had to think about what to eat.
I noticed Chris had called while I was out for a walk. I watched one episode of Royal Pains. I tried out my new foam roller, but it wasn't as good as the cardboard tube filled with newspaper. Chris called me on Skype. We had a nice chat. He was feeling better, but he was tired and committed to getting up early tomorrow. He went to bed, and I stayed up to write to my blog.
* The box in the picture is marked 'make an offer'. *

No comments: