Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sewing at home

Last night I listened to an interview on how laundry toxins affect gut health. Apparently some laundry ingredients – like fragrance and whiteners are intended to stay in the fabric after the wash so we are exposed to them all day long. I checked out my cleaner and was not happy with the list of ingredients. It made me want to wash my clothes all over again. I went searching for the soap nuts I knew I had. I put them on the dryer so I will see them next time. (BTW – dishwashing detergents also leave residue – on purpose.)
I had a hard time getting to sleep, even though I did a lot of humming. And then I woke up in the middle of the night with something like restless leg syndrome. So when my alarm went off in the morning, I went back to sleep.
I got up around 8 and noticed that the bottoms of my feet hurt. I got myself ready for church and took some supplements and did a clearing. I grabbed the shopping list and extra bags, and headed out at 9:30 for church.
I sat in my usual spot and noticed Don C. was not there. I hoped he was ok. Don L. sat in my pew, and then Tamara came in. I wrote a check for our third quarter outreach mission. Then the service started. There were lots of announcements. The pastor talked about how today's scripture made him chuckle. After the service, there was a coffee hour. I wasn't going to stay, but people kept talking to me. I wanted to talk to Elaine, but it wasn't to be.
I went to Publix to get groceries. There wasn't much on the list. Then I went home. I put the food away and changed my clothes. I made and ate breakfast. I did some sewing while listening to interviews, trying to catch up. I took the weekend walk around 3 and gathered a bag of poke berries. My hands got stained like I came fresh from a kill. A police car went by, and didn't stop. So I guess I didn't look like an ax murderer after all.
I went back to sewing, putting a spotted black border on one quilt and working at making a Chinese coins backing for the other one to use up all the leftovers. I took a break to made a salad for lunch (albeit a late one). After more interviews and sewing, it was 8pm. I had a small supper of nuts and cheese so I could take my evening supplements. Soon after, Chris called. We talked for a bit, but didn't have much to say. He wanted to go to bed early so he could go running at 5am. I found an empty can of coconut milk in the microwave. I thought the fruit flies could not get in there, but apparently they did, and feasted on the coconut residue. I cleaned it out, leaving them with nowhere to congregate.
I watched one episode each of Royal Pains and Frasier. I rolled a few muscles, but not my calves, in case that is what is causing the pain in my feet. I got ready for bed, then sat down to write my blog post.

No comments: