Saturday, August 10, 2019

Sewing at home

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30 and must have fallen asleep again because it was an hour later when I got up. In addition to the usual morning stuff, I played the next CD from the book and did some sewing.
I called Chris several times on Skype and left voice messages. I also sent e-mails. I was getting quite worried. And then it occurred to me that maybe the electricity on post was out. So I went on Facebook to contact his Honduran friend Herberth. But the first thing that popped up was a post from Marie saying her dog Rowan had died. I found it very upsetting because I know how it feels to lose a furry friend. Then I navigated to Herberth's page and messaged him. I also messaged Becca and she said she hadn't heard from him.
I put a load of laundry in the washer and concentrated on making breakfast. But I noticed it was sunny out and just after noon, so I stopped, put on my bathing suit, and laid out on the reclining lawn chair. It was nice to be out and not get bitten. When I came in, I finished making breakfast and sat down to eat it in front of the laptop.
Apparently while I was outside, Chris had e-mailed me. So I called him on Skype but he didn't answer. His message said he tried to call last night, then went to a friend's house to watch football and drink too much. That didn't sound like Chris. I got angry because I was so worried and he didn't leave a message. Skype gave no indication that he had called.
I put the next CD on and resumed sewing until the top was complete (minus borders). That took most of the afternoon. I did get a hold of Chris around 3. He was about to take a shower so we didn't talk long.
I mixed some of the buttermilk with ground papaya seeds and drank it, hoping to use the milk as bait to get the parasites to consume the seeds. I may never know if it worked or not since most parasites are too small to see.
I had a can of soup for lunch/supper, and some seed crackers. Then I took a walk. It was supposed to be the weekend walk, but since it was so late, I cut it a little short. I had little dabs of Icy/hot on to deter bugs.
When I got back, I read in the bathroom. While I was out, Chris sent me a message on Skype, which I saw later. I messaged him back and he called me. We talked for a bit, then he went to bed early. I watched two episodes of Royal Pains. Then I got ready for bed before posting to my blog.

No comments: