Thursday, August 29, 2019

Feed me, Seymour

I was up way too late again (but I finished the book). I turned off the electricity to the bedroom. I felt a little more relaxed, but was still a little disappointed how long it took to fall asleep.
I slept in – again. I got up about 8:30. I turned on the electricity, and the router, which was when I realized I had never turned it off. I put on interviews from the 5G summit and checked e-mail.
Chris called my phone. I didn't even know he could do that. He wanted me to go by Housing and tell them to check the garbage disposal for a loose wire. After the call, I checked my phone for messages and found one from David at Housing. The message asked me to call back. So I did. But I got an automated system which gave me two choices: file a regular maintenance request or an emergency one. I waited for more choices and it hung up on me. I tried again. Same choices. I chose 0, but it just hung up on me. So the third time, I chose 1. My call was directed to a call center who had no idea who David was. I submitted another request because that is what she knows how to do.
I made and ate breakfast. I lost my comb, so I used a brush to fix my hair. Then I remembered where the comb was, waiting to be cleaned. I put hot soapy water in a bowl and left it to soak.
I went to quilting. While talking to the ladies, I worked on some hanging towels. David at Housing called and said they'd come tomorrow between 1 and 4. Around 2 I packed my stuff and gathered up the extension cords for the remaining ladies, who were about to leave as well. I went directly home.
I ate lunch, then mowed the lawn. I got matching thread and top-stitched the hanging towels. I put matching thread in the bag for the next set. I worked on the next row for a quilt in progress which was lying on the floor. I had been waiting for it to tell me the next step and finally realized it was saying “Feed me, Seymour”. That meant finding more compatible fabrics and making more rows.
Dad called, returning my call from yesterday. He was concerned that no one would file his papers. I wasn't sure which papers he was referring to, but since he hadn't filed anything in years, I can well imagine that no one wants to take on that project.
I got two Command hooks and applied them to the wall over the window in the guest room. I tried to put a tension rod across them, but they fell off. So I sprayed each one with a little basting spray and put them back up. In the mean time, I put the tension rod at the top of the window and hung black plastic over it. A bit of light still showed above it, so I had to tape some paper up there.
I ate the last of the zucchini strips that I had bought at Publix. It came in a package that doesn't re-close, so it got soggyish in the fridge and needed to be eaten quickly before it went bad.
My tapping buddy called and we tapped for almost 2 hours on my issues with 5G. I talked to Chris on skype. He did not talk long because he wanted to look at the newest jobs available. I watched an episode of Royal Pains even though it was almost 10. I posted to my blog, then turned off the electricity to the guest room in preparation to spend the night there.

Exposure to wi-fi increases insulin resistance (makes you fat?). 5G emitters on light poles will making walking around your neighborhood more dangerous than staying in your house. There is no safety regulation for radiation exposure, only guidelines.
* This is Amanda, president of the RCMQG *

No comments: