Sunday, August 18, 2019

Not so slick driving stick

I woke up several times during the night. Wholetones might have had something to do with it. I also had some trouble breathing and wondered if I was coming down with something. So I was tired enough to sleep in. It was after 8 when I got up. I took a shower and got dressed. I put on 4 vitamin patches. I checked e-mail, then grabbed my grocery list and extra plastic bags and foam trays, and went to church.
I came in the back door so I could stop at the restroom before meeting anyone. On the way past the fellowship hall I could see tables set up around the walls and yard sale stuff on them. I said hello to a few people, talked to Susan, then went into the sanctuary. Don was happy to see me. We talked about the retirement village he is now living in. It sounds like a good place for Dad.
After church, people started moving things from the vestibule into the sanctuary to make room for rummage sale stuff. I helped with one thing. I got a sheet to put over a table that didn't get moved. I helped set out stuff in the seasonal/craft room. But when I noticed it was almost noon, I bugged out. I wanted to get down Bailey Cove to Publix before the big churches let out and blocked traffic.
When I got to Publix, I picked up the few things on my list, except for rosemary, which they were out of. I also looked for pea sprouts, but there were none, and no place for them, as if they had been discontinued. Then I checked out and went home.
I took the food out of bags, and washed the cans. I changed clothes. I mixed and poured another round of fat bombs. Then I made breakfast, and ate it while listening to something. I read a few articles as well. I tried sewing a few triangles and laying them beside my green-blue-orange panel.
I texted Stacey to see if she wanted to go walking, but she was busy. I ate lunch, then went walking by myself. It was the weekend walk. I saw a number of fine specimens of poke weed, with berries ready to harvest. When I got back, I mixed up and poured another batch of fat bombs. I put some Sta-bil in Chris' gas tank. Then I had to drive it for 10 minutes to mix it properly with the gas. I had forgotten how to drive his car, so it was awkward at first. I didn't remember which pedal was which. Sadly, even after 10 minutes of driving around, I still wasn't sure.
There were fruit flies in the trash. I sprayed it with bug spray but that did not keep them at bay for long. I broke open a coconut from Publix and ate part of it. It was actually good, which previous ones were not. Then I looked up fruit fly traps and made one. I covered the trash to encourage them to find the trap. I made a salad, using up stuff that will go bad. There was vinegar in my salad so the fruit flies followed me to the computer. I ate and swatted as I skyped Chris. Nothing new down his way. Then I watched one episode each of Frasier and Royal Pains. I rolled out some knotted muscles while I watched.
I sat down to write my blog post, but got up to check on a boo-boo on my finger. I used the magnifier lamp. There was no splinter in it, but I spied a bag of fabric strips nearby and had to investigate. It was an incomplete kit. I read the directions, which were not easy to decipher. Then I put it all back in the bag and went back to my blog.
* This is one of the quilt top I will be donating next month. *

No comments: