Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Two libraries in one day

I fell asleep a little faster last night. I stayed in bed through the alarm, went back to sleep but got woken up by the big mowers cutting the lawn beside our house. I got up then to drink, brush and swish. I auditioned two pieces of fabric next to the panel. I applied more baking soda to the scalp around my ear. Seems the more I do it, the less effective it is. With a towel, I swatted at fruit flies that kept landing on the mirror. They were quick but I was persistent.
I got dressed and looked for some handwork to take to quilting. All I found was a seam that needed ripping. So I took that. I arrived before 10. Susan was giving out pumpkins that were covered toilet paper rolls. Anita and two others were cutting circles from fabric. Beverly had another circle cutter so we cut some circles, too. We left soon after 11. We talked about buttermilk in the parking lot. On my way home, I stopped at the post library to return my books and checked out another paper book and audiobook.
I warmed up some kitchari in the toaster oven while watering plants. I ate while reading e-mail and watched an episode. I couldn't eat it all, so I put it in the fridge. Dad called about the fat bombs. I told him to check the front porch and he found them sitting in the sun. So I stayed on the line while he opened the box. I talked him through opening the thermal bags and putting the bags of fat bombs in the fridge. Why this took 40 minutes, I can't say. Anyway, I got some sewing done while he worked.
At 2, I left for the church. I stopped at the public library to hand in a book I found. But the lady said it had been pulled from the collection years ago and she marked it as discarded. I proceeded to the church and parked in back. Two ladies were clearing out shelves to add to the yard sale piles. I went in the office and recorded donations on the computer. Susan pulled a sealed copy of Windows XP from a shelf and was going to throw it away, so I took it. When I was finished printing reports, the ladies ducked in to tell me they were leaving. After they left, I perused the rummage sale items until Elaine arrived. Then we treated each other for sensitivities to … whatever. We discussed the benefits of CBD oil, and structured silver. Then we headed out.
I went to the bank to deposit the church funds. Then I backtracked to the farmer's market. I parked on the other side of the tracks and walked across. I noticed a pain in the left side of my back. I'll bet it was from swatting the fruit flies. I bought velvet cheese from the goat farm people. I went to the meat lady and she said she didn't have buttermilk this week after all. So then I went home.
I rolled the garbage can out to the street before going in the house. I ate cold kitchari for lunch and watched part of an episode of oral health. My neighbor texted me that she killed a black widow on her back porch. Then I went to the guild meeting across town. The pain was still taking my breath away and I told the lady across the table from me about swatting fruit flies. It occurred to me that I needed a better story. The guild president was taking pictures of members as they came in. I let my hair down and she took mine.
I had brought my panel along to show for the curve challenge. Color me surprised when only one other person had something to show. For show-n-tell I had 4 quilt tops to present. After the meeting, I talked to Kelsi about Instagram. She had done a presentation before the meeting started and I missed it. She downloaded the app to my phone and tried to set me up with an account. But for some reason it would not go through. Then Amanda gave me 5 squares of solid fabric for the fabric challenge.
When I got home, I called Chris and ate the rest of the cold kitchari. The connection was bad so our call did not last long. Then I put half as much rice and beans in a container to soak for tomorrow. I watched an episode of Royal Pains and two of Frasier. I tried to stop the second one from loading, but my clicks were in vain, so I watched it through. Then I wrote up my blog post in prep for going to bed. I tried to finished setting up the Instagram account, but I got locked out for violating community standards.
* my laptop is not recognizing my phone, so here is a pic from Monday. *

No comments: