Wednesday, August 28, 2019

What keeps me up at night

Having stayed up way too late last night, and then having trouble falling asleep, it came as no surprise that I got up late – by an hour and a half. I made coffee, exercised, and did lots of tapping. But instead of meditation music, I listened to interviews from the 5G summit. There is so much to learn: the dangers of the technology itself, the dangers of what it will allow (like tracking our every move), and ways people mitigate the effects and the legal way to protest a smart meter.
I took a shower and gave the kitchen and bathrooms a quick wipe. I watered the flowers, and then headed to the Korean clinic. Dr. J wanted me to fill out an online form for him. Then he wanted to know why he couldn't access patient files on his computer. He had some strange storage device that looked like a USB thumb drive, but was more complicated. The computer didn't seem to recognize it. I played around with it, looked into updates for his computer and the machine that produces the reports. But I had no luck. When I realized it was after 4, I said my goodbyes and dashed out to go to the post office before it closed.
There were the usual ads, and a credit card bill. I took it home and read it. I saw nearly $1000 worth of charges from something called Gtarcade. I wondered if our account had been hacked, so I sent Chris and e-mail.
I ate several proteins, and did some sewing while listening to more 5G talks. Then I went for a walk. When I got back, I made a salad. I called Dad, but he didn't answer. I ate the salad, then called Al and we talked for a while.
I started watching Royal Pains. Chris called me on Skype. We didn't have much to say. He did admit to incurring the charges. Then I finished the episode of Royal Pains, while using my massage ball. I cleared out some more e-mail. Then I wrote to my blog. I am going to shut off the electricity to the master bedroom and see if I sleep any better.

No comments: