Monday, August 26, 2019

Getting the residue out

I got up soon after the alarm went off. I put on an interview from the 5G summit and washed dishes by hand, and did a few things around the house. I learned that optical fiber is 5-10 million times faster than 5G although we don't have the technology to take advantage of the top speeds yet. It is also much more secure. The rollout of 5G constitutes assault. One speaker recommended lots of sun, raw oysters, creating a sleep sanctuary, and living on the ground floor.
I took the beef heart from the fridge and put it in the crock pot, such as it was. Since the liner didn't fit, I turned it on high and left it that way. I called Housing and reported the non-functional disposal. I worked my way through supplements to breakfast. After eating breakfast, I packed stuff for the swap and went to quilting. I was a little earlier than usual. I set up at an open spot in the back. There was a table for swap items. I added mine. After a little chitchat, I looked over the table and selected a few things, like wool roving. I went to the back to work on the fandango quilt. A few people stopped by to see what I was working on. It kinda of draws attention to itself. Lauri came in late and stayed with me while everyone left. So, when I got all the rows together into one piece, I packed up too. She left and I wasn't far behind. It was raining. Dinah had packed all the leftovers into a tub for me so I could share them with the Tuesday group. A man helped me carry the tub to my car.
I stopped at the post office on the way home. There was no mail of any kind. I proceeded to our duplex. I checked disposal and it worked, however there were no signs that anyone had been here. I looked up glass recycling, and it seems we no longer have that option here. I looked up homemade laundry detergent. I put the bed clothing in the washer with vinegar to get the detergent residue out. I also looked up homemade dishwasher detergent. I washed some clothing in the next load with vinegar and a color catcher. I soaked a piece of black fabric in vinegar for an hour to soften it, but when it came out of the dryer, it was still stiff. I ironed two lengths of fabric dry while watching an episode of The Quilt Show.
I cut and sewed red binding onto my quilt. Joining the edges of the binding did not go well so I left it for later. I checked the mail, and found only ads. I wanted to go for a walk, but it was awfully wet.
Around 7 I decided the heart was done. I forked the whole thing onto a plate and selected a knife to slice it with. If Chris had been here, he probably would have chosen a different knife. I dissected the heart, looking for anatomy, but the cooking had destroyed most of the details. I ate a comfortable amount. It really hit the spot and I had trouble resisting the urge to eat more than enough. I packed the rest up in jars.
I talked to Chris on Skype. He was feeling fine again, but no job offers. He remarked on the e-mail he got from Housing after his complaint about their new login system. After the call, I put the jars of beef heart and juice in the fridge. I watched the remaining part of something from last night, then watched one episode of Royal Pains while sewing on binding. I looked up one of the characters. I dressed the bed, then sat down to write my blog. I put my phone in airplane mode and went to bed.
* I wonder if this is how Hanibal Lecter started. *

No comments: