Saturday, August 17, 2019

The many uses of coconut

I woke up from a dream in which I couldn't find a bathroom that I could get to. I used the nearest one then tried to go back to sleep. It was 8 till I got up. I did the usual stuff. Then I took a shower to wash the baking soda and coconut oil from my hair. I sang 'ding dong the itch is dead' as the water poured over my head. It felt so good to be itch-free!
I put a load of laundry in the washer. I got dressed and read e-mail. I listened to two CD's of the audio book. Several tracks were a little messed up, so I listened to the second one just to get a feel for where the story was going. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to interviews from several different summits. I sorted and cleared lots of fabric from my sewing table. I got vague ideas for other quilts, but had to restrain myself. I laid out coordinating leftovers beside the panel on the floor, but nothing grabbed me.
I had a late lunch of banana, nuts, coconut flakes and buttermilk. My head started to itch just a little, so I treated it with the baking soda and coconut oil mixture. Then I mixed up coconut oil and protein powder. I poured it into a silicon mini-muffin pan and left it in the fridge to harden. I put in a second load of laundry and dried the first one. I folded laundry while listening to Ben Greenfield talk about the benefits of unschooling kids.
I looked at multiple recipes for kitchuri, trying to find one that was quick and easy. I am going to do the kitchuri diet. I popped out the solid fat bombs and put them in the freezer. I poured another round and stuck those in the fridge.
I called Al and asked him about the Sta-bil. He said to put extra in the tank since the gas was not fresh, and then to run it for 10 minutes. After the call, I texted Stacey to see if she was ready for our walk. She needed 10 minutes, so I watered the plants and checked the house mail.
Stacey and I walked and talked around the neighborhood. When we got back to my place, we kept talking. It got dark. Then she went home. I went inside and found that Chris had called on Skype. I made a quick salad and threw in a can of soup. I called him back. We talked for a bit while I ate. Then I hung up and got some cheese. I ate while watched one episode each of Royal Pains and Frasier. I also rolled out my calves again. Then I sat down to write my blog post.
* These are the blocks I sewed together on Thursday. *

No comments: