Monday, August 19, 2019

The bombs are in the mail

I slept well last night except for waking up once. I woke up before the alarm went off. I brushed and swished. I had put mung beans and rice in water to soak, covered. I rinsed them. I put ghee in a sauce pan and toasted the spices, then added the beans and rice. I poured water to fill up the pan, then put on the lid and waited for it to boil. I took the fat bomb utensils from the microwave where I had hidden them from the fruit flies. I made one last batch of fat bombs and poured them into the mini-muffin pan. When the kitchari boiled, I turned the heat down so it could simmer for 30 minutes.
Then I turned on the router. I cinched the trash bag and set it by the door. Fruit flies covered it. I got the vacuum to suck them up, but most got away. I got dressed and took garbage out. I deleted the first round of e-mail, then ate a bowl of kitchari for breakfast. I listened to interviews, and considered my next step on the panel on the floor.
At noon I went to quilting. Construction workers had roped off parts of the sidewalk, including the ramp from the parking lot. So I had to carry my machine up the curb and several steps. When I got inside, I told Dinah there were tubs of fabric to share with the group. I set up in the back, then went to join her. On the way back from the quilter's closet, she showed me antique quilts hanging in the gym to turn it into a temporary sanctuary. They were beautiful and I should have taken a pic.
I finished sewing the colorful blocks from Thursday. They needed a border and I had not a clue as to what to use. So I started on the Fandango quilt-as-you-go. I followed the directions in sewing the strips on, and it was slow. No wonder someone decided not to finish it! I took pics of some of the other quilts in progress.
At three Carolyn and I packed up our stuff and the room. We wrestled our machines out to our cars, and went our separate ways. I went home, and ate a bowl of kitchari for lunch. I listened to an interview from the oral health summit. At 4, I paused it to pack the fat bombs and freezy packs in insulated bags, which then went into a Priority Mail box. I stuffed some puff-its into the small space left. I put in an envelop, then taped the box shut.
I went to the post office and checked our box. There was a yellow slip for a package. So I went to the front desk and got a form to fill out for the fat bomb box. I decided it would be a bad idea to say there were bombs in the box, so I called it coconut oil. The box was cold, which made me wonder if there was enough insulation. I asked for overnight shipping, knowing it would be expensive, but not expecting it to be $70. I turned in the yellow slip and the man handed me a box from Swansons. And I returned home.
,First I called Dad but William answered, saying Dad was out with Faye. So I called Faye who was helping Dad at his appointment with the personal trainer. I told her to tell him to expect a box tomorrow.
I texted Stacey and read e-mail until she was ready. Then we walked around the neighborhood. We had a nice chat. When she went home, I ate a bowl of kitchari for supper. I had made way too much, so the rest went into the fridge for tomorrow. I chewed it really well to make digestion even easier.
I cut strips while listening to some interview. When it was over, I called Dad to tell him about the fat bombs which should be arriving tomorrow by three. I talked to him until Chris called me on Skype. I talked to Chris until Patrick called my phone. Finally, I brushed my teeth and slapped at fruit flies landing on the bathroom mirror. I made ginger and chamomile tea. I looked for triphala or haritaki among my many supplements, but I did not find either. My ear was itching again, so I put more baking soda on it.
Instead of watching TV, I listened to the last CD of the audio book so I could return it tomorrow. It captured my interest and I rolled out my calves and shoulders while it played. After it was over, I got ready for bed and posted to my blog.
* This is Carolyn's quilt. *

No comments: