Monday, August 12, 2019

Life throws me curves

I woke up early and could not go back to sleep. So when daylight arrived, I got up and dressed and went for an early walk. When I got back, I watered the flowers and pulled some weeds. I fired up my laptop. It had rebooted during the night. Sigh. I opened Edge and a talk show started playing. I could not find any tab for it to shut it off. I tried an internet search with no luck. I decided that Edge wasn't showing me the tab. I rebooted the laptop again, and then the tab was there and I shut it off. Phew!
I folded some fabric to cut borders from. It was a long narrow piece. Somehow the top fold and bottom fold were not parallel. I couldn't explain it, so I cut strips anyway.
I took supplements. I got out the crock pot and cleared some space to plug it in. I must have jostled the dial on the stove because I began to smell gas. I located it and turned it off and left the kitchen for awhile. When I came back, I put meat in the crockpot, with water and turned it on. I sliced up a bunch of onions and turmeric root to go with it. While it was heating, I returned to my laptop to go through e-mail. An hour later, I checked on pot and discovered it was cold. I turned it off and back on. It started to heat up. But 20 minutes later, it was no hotter. I tried different outlets, but no luck. So I took out the other crock pot that has no liner. I lifted the liner out of the first one and stuck it in the second one. It did not fit well, but it did get hot, so I left it that way.
I read e-mail and listened to more of the QnA from last night. It was mostly about parasites. I made and ate breakfast. I put some things in my Swanson cart for later. I turned the crock pot from high to low and went quilting, taking my machine and two tubs of fabric.
When I got there, I carried in one tub, then went back for my machine. I set the tubs at the front of the room and invited everyone to look through them. Only a few people did. I set up my machine and started sewing on borders. I had two quilts that needed borders and I finished them both. By then only Lauri was left. I didn't want to leave her by herself, but I needed to check on the crock pot.
I packed up and went home, stopping by the post office. There was nothing in our mailbox worth blogging about. I checked the crock pot and decided the beef tongue was not quite done. I turned the dial back up to high. I ate a banana and nuts for lunch and took the lunch supplements. I read e-mail for awhile. Then I cut off a piece of the tongue and ate it. The onions were not soft so I left it cook some more.
I opened a bag of scraps that Rebecca had given me. It was mostly short strips, some sewn together in rows. I pondered what to do with them. I decided to piece some curves for the curve challenge next week.
I went for a walk. It cleared my head. I wondered if there was still gas in the house because my head hurt there but not at quilting and not while taking a walk. As I came back, I saw our neighbor check his mail and it reminded me to check ours. Nothing.
I called Dad. He told me about going to the reunion, but it was hard to understand him. Then I called Chris. I told him about my day. He said his interview went well. If he gets the job, we may end up in Houston. After the call, I put the beef and onions in a series of jars to cool off and fit in the fridge.
I watched an episode of Royal Pains and one of Frasier. Then I showered and put on my nightgown. I turned off the AC and opened the back door. I finalized my Swanson order and listened to a bedtime meditation. Then I posted to my blog.

No comments: