Friday, August 2, 2019

Arnica cream helps

Last night I put on a Youtube audio of sleep music, again. I left the router on so it would play all night. I could just barely hear the music in my bedroom. It may have reduced the time it took to fall asleep. I woke up at 6, itching. I tried to go back to sleep, but when that didn't work, I got dressed and went for a walk. My alarm went off just as I walked back into the house.
I read e-mail and played the next episode of Pain Revealed. While listening, I used the cold laser stylus on one bug bite and the tick bite and a mole. I lasered multiple points around my right ear and thumb. I sat in the lounger with a heating pad between my legs to heat the bug bites. The voices droned on and I found myself falling asleep. So I laid down in bed, and the sleepiness went away. Sigh.
I examined the last of the fabric. I found several nylon Christmas door flags in the bottom of the tub. I put yardage aside for Renegades and the smaller pieces for the Monday group.
I got dressed. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. I tried to come up with a plan to use up a package of squares to make a quilt top. But somehow the numbers did not work out. I gave up and went to quilting. Leanne was there and I talked to her the whole time. We made a plan to see Lion King tomorrow. I did not get any sewing done.
When I got home, I ate some chocolate and nuts. I also opened a coconut, drank the water and scraped out the meat. Then I took another whack at making the different piles of fabric squares add up to a bargello top. Again, the numbers were off. So I just started sewing using the blocks that I was sure about. I made a number of strips. I laid them out on the bed to see what holes needed filling in. I had to cut another 4 squares, but then it all worked out.
I heated a pouch of coconut curry and put in chopped liver, then ate that. I was going to make a salad, but it was tapping time. So I texted my tapping buddy and she called me on skype. We talked first. I told her I was taking cat's claw for the tick bite and she said she was taking Repargen, which has cat's claw and maca in it. She says it eliminates the pain in her knees and grows a thin layer of cartilage. Interesting. I also take maca. Anyway, we tapped for having trouble falling asleep.
I wrote my blog post for later and scratched vigorously. I heated some water and dipped a spoon in it, repeatedly, tapping each bite until it stopped itching. Then I put lavender oil on each one. I watched an episode of Royal Pains and one of Frasier, thinking Chris would call at any minute. But he didn't. So I went through my evening routines. As I was cuing up an audio of babbling brook sounds, I heard skype. I answered the call on the desktop but it did not have a mic or camera so Chris could not hear me. I had to call him back on my laptop. We chatted for a little bit, then hung up. I went to bed with the brook sounds playing, but it was not so restful. So I got up and changed it to waves at the beach. Back in bed, I realized I had forgotten to post my day, even though I had written it already. I left it for morning.
* A quilt I saw last week. *

No comments: