Friday, August 2, 2019

The Lion King

I had a bad night. Getting to sleep wasn't so hard, but I kept waking up. It might have been the itching, but I think there was more to it. I put arnica cream on the bites and it must have helped.
I got up with the alarm. I brushed and swished. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I played the next episode of the Depression and Anxiety summit, but didn't learn much. Then I played the next episode of Betrayal. I remember him saying that glyphosate wasn't the only active ingredient in Roundup, even though it is labeled that way. I washed some fabric and two t-shirts. I opened the box that came a few days ago. It was a reclining lawn chair. It had no instructions for adjusting the back. It collapsed under me while I tried to move it to the right position.
Then I compared my latest Viome results with the previous ones. A lot of foods from the Minimize list got moved to the Enjoy list. I guess that's progress. I didn't have time to print out a new list. I got dressed and made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. Then I wrote my last check to Housing and headed out.
At Housing, I dropped the check off with Patrick who was on the phone. Then I drove to the movie theater to meet Leanne. She got there just before I did and said Miry was coming. We went inside and bought tickets, then waited for Miry. When she arrived, we went to theater 9 and found our seats in the dark. The ads had already started, but we didn't care.
We watched the new Lion King. The plot was the same as the first, but the movie was less tame. It seemed a little less like a kid's movie. After the movie, the three of us stood in the hallway and talked. Then we all headed out.
I went to the post office. There was a yellow slip in my box. I stood in line to exchange it for a package. While the man in front of me taped a big box, the clerk went in the back and got my package. He must have remembered me and my box number because I hadn't given him the slip yet. Then I went to the library to return the previous book on paper and book on CD, and to check out replacements for both.
When I got home, I scrounged for lunch, remembering to take my lunch supplements. Although it had been a sunny day, all of a sudden it was raining hard. I looked for a new checkbook so I could write more checks. But the one I found started 5 numbers BEFORE the last one ended. The routing and account numbers were the same. Try as I might, I could not figure how that happened.
I ironed the fabric I had washed and some others that were wrinkled. I removed some things from my ironing board to make more room. I selected fabrics for a backing and cut pieces to fit, but did not sew them together.
The rain had quit so I checked the house mail. There was none. I took a walk around the circle and marveled at the cloud formations in the sky. When I got back, I fixed a salad for supper and added the last of the liver. I read e-mail. Dad called to thank me for the birthday card. He talked about other things, too. Then he thanked me for calling.
A few days ago I got a movie in the mail from Netflix. It was called The Adventurer. I watched it on the TV while sitting on the couch, surrounded by tubs of fabric. While I watched, I lasered a bunch of points. After the movie, I took my evening supplements. I called Chris but he did not answer. I put arnica cream on the bites and behind my ear. I laid down on the reclining lawn chair. My mind drifted until it came up with an equation and I had to find pencil and paper to solve it. Sadly the solution was not a practical one.
I queued up some waterfall sounds and got ready for bed.
* Here is another quilt I saw Tuesday. *

No comments: